Horses • Felines • Guar • Bears • Camels • Wolves • Other
Guar can roar.
Bal Foyen Circus Guar
- Like other reptilian creatures, Guar can be bred for bright, even gaudy colors. The Argonians of Dhalmora offer this entertaining variant, a popular performer in Tamriel's traveling shows.
The Bal Foyen Circus Guar was available in the Crown Store from May 31 to June 4, 2018.
Banded Guar Charger
- A breed of guar bred for cavalry use, able to carry an armored warrior into battle.
- Guar vamidiums, or Dwarven Guar Mounts, are most often associated with Dwemer sites in Morrowind—as might be expected, since that's where guar are most in use as pack and riding animals.
Dragonscale Barded Guar
- "This one doesn't sell many Guars here at the Riverhold Stables because Khajiit are folk who value their natural dignity and prefer not to ride so silly a beast. But a Guar in Dragonscale Bard is a thing of beauty!" — Master Groom Zarbi'dahuz
Flame Atronach Guar
- Flame Atronachs are summoned from the Oblivion plane of Infernace, a realm so hot that molten rock flows across its surface, and its Daedra are creatures of living flame. Summoned to Tamriel, such atronachs can be given almost any shape, even a Guar!
- Since the Guar is native to warmer climates, the existence of the Frostbane Guar in Skyrim, theoretically protected from the cold by its dangling talismans, may be the strongest argument of those who say the Frostbane wards actually work.
- "These Glowgill Guar mounts come from a coastal tribe over near Archon. Handsome, are they not? I've been told they can breathe underwater through those gills, though personally, I have never tested this." —Ukaspa, Stablemaster of Lilmoth
The Glowgill Guar was given away as a Daily Reward in December 2018. Its default name is "Swimmer".
Golden Eye Guar
- A crossbreed of banded and wild guar, as fearsome as it is intelligent and difficult to control.
Green Narsis Guar
- The robust Green Narsis is the standard mount and dray-beast of central Morrowind.
The Green Narsis Guar is a green guar mount that came with the 2015 "Black Fredas Special!" bundle in the Crown Store, and can also be found in Dwarven Crown Crates as an Epic-level reward. Its default name is "Narsty".
- "Some dryskins ask, 'Since a Guar is already a swamp reptile mount, why create Lizard-Steeds shaped like Guar? Isn't that somewhat redundant?' These dryskins are unusually perceptive!" —Ukaspa of Lilmoth
- In Black Marsh this mount is called Scales-Seem-Daubed-with-Hist-Sap, but the rest of Tamriel just calls it the Hist Guar. It is the only subspecies of guar known to enjoy music.
The Hist Guar is a green guar mount with glowing yellow splotches. It is available from the Crown Store for 1,500 , or as part of the Shadows of the Hist Collector's Bundle. Its default name is "Apricot".
Hollowjack Rider Guar
- The legend of Jaque o' the Hollow has spread even to the misty realms of eastern Tamriel where the Guar roam the woods and marshes, and during the dark nights of the Witches Festival reptile-riders may also find themselves haunted and headless!
Novelty Stick Guar
- During the Jester's Festival even the lowliest of commoners can pretend to be a mounted knight with a whimsical Novelty Stick steed. Guars are popular in the Aldmeri Dominion.
Riding Skill does not affect this appearance and speed
Pale Velothi Guar
- This stalwart mount comes from the ashlands downwind of the volcanoes of the Velothi Mountains, and is well adapted to surviving under the harshest of conditions.
Psijic Guar Exemplar
- Psijic monks crossing the doubtful terrain of Black Marsh or southern Morrowind are more concerned with the practical matter of safe and sure riding than whether they look dignified and impressive. For these purposes, the Guar Exemplar is unequaled.
The Psijic Guar Exemplar is a yellow ghostly guar available in the Psijic Vault Crown Crates as an Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Swampfoot".
- Blending in with the shifting gray ash clouds on the slopes of Red Mountain, the Shadowghost Guar are the only known nocturnal breed of the species, and thus are rarely seen, even by the native Dark Elves.
- The naked, grisly smile on the broad skull of the Skeletal Guar may be enough to send lesser opponents fleeing in terror when you ride into battle on its creaking, bony frame. The Worm Cult, of course, will just be jealous.
The Skeletal Guar is available in the Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates as an Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Grinly".
- This colorful guar was once thought to be poisonous by many, but found to be relatively harmless by an adventuresome rider. Caution! Patience is needed to bring this obstinate mount to heed.
Storm Atronach Guar
- By modifying Koron's Peremptory Summons, the standard spell used to call atronachs from Oblivion, the conjurer can compel a Daedra to assume the form of a common Tamrielic mount - even a Guar, if so desired!
The Storm Atronach Guar is a storm atronach in the shape of a Guar mount, available as an Apex-level reward in the Storm Atronach Crown Crate. A bolt of lightning strikes it when it roars and it glows for a few seconds afterward. Its default name is "Bouldergrin".
- A sturdy, multi-purpose guar, at home anywhere from swamps to the ashlands.
Wild Hunt Guar
- Wild Hunt Guar are mounts that have reverted to the shapeshifting chaos of the Dawn Era. They have become part plant and part animal, as wonderful as they are abominable.
The Wild Hunt Guar is a green Wild Hunt-themed guar mount made out of roots and held together by nature magic. It is available from the Crown Store via Wild Hunt Crown Crates and is considered to be an 'Apex' level reward. It leaves behind green footprints, and small flowers briefly bloom where it stands still. Its default name is "Root-Foot".