The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
- The Jester's Joke: Help reunite a spirit with his soul.
As you approach him, you can hear him muttering, "I hate jesters. Jesters are cruel." Speaking to him, he'll say:
- "Hey there. Ever spend any time staring at your own corpse? I don't recommend it."
- What happened to you?
- "Falarel happened. The arcane jester to the cruel Rilis the Twelfth. I didn't appreciate his act. So he tortured me to death and trapped my soul."
- Is there anything I can do to help you?
- "What? You'd ... you'd help me? Thank you! I used to be a mage. There's a soul totem on my body here. My soul is down in the playroom, just through that door. Banish Falarel and capture my soul. Then bring it back to me."
- Consider it done.
This accepts the quest. After you defeated Falarel, return to him.
- "So. How did it go?"
- I defeated Falarel and retrieved your soul.
- "Fantastic! It's been so long! Maybe now I can find some peace."
- What now?
- "I don't know. I'll go wherever I'm supposed to go, I guess. Wherever it is, it has to be better than here. Thank you. Now, if you'll excuse me."
Complete the quest and he'll disappear.