Online:Leading the Stand
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|After we thwarted the Imperial plot in Evermore, Uela the crow paid me another visit to say we're enemies again now and that her Reachmen army is going to kill everyone in Evermore.|
- Strange Crow: "Tell the queen the truth—her reign will soon end. We are enemies again, you and I."
You can then speak with the crow to see what it means by that.
- "The Imperials' tricks are undone, but your stone city will still fall.
Through crows' eye I spy your weak defenses. These lands belong to the Reach, and we will soon sweep through!"
- How can you be so sure of that?
- "You don't need a crow's eyes to see this. Use your own. Look north. If you do not spy my armies now, you will soon.
Count your blessings though. Death at a Reachman's hand is more merciful than enslavement at an Imperial's."
- Neither sounds particularly attractive.
- "The sooner your fate is accepted, the better we will all feel.
I am queen of these lands, not that weak woman over there. Tell her the truth. After the city's sacked, I'm going to peck out her eyes."
- I'll tell the queen what you've said.
After this, the crow will fly off and you can relay the ultimatum to Queen Arzhela, who will be bemused at you talking with a bird.
- "I hope you'll forgive me being blunt, but under the circumstances, there's no time for social niceties.
I am still in awe of what you've done to save the city, but did I just see you talking to a crow?"
- Yes. That was Uela, the leader of the Reachmen.
- "So that's why all these crows have descended on the city? Gods! I knew it wasn't a coincidence. Fine. I'll give every guard a bow. I think it's time for us to do some bird hunting.
First though, if you spoke to their leader, what did she say?"
- That her army is coming to kill us all.
- "I see. Not really much of a surprise. The Reachmen are bearing down on Northglen already.
We've already sent every soldier we can spare, but there's little chance of turning the tide of battle. Your presence there might make all the difference."
- I'll go to Northglen and see how I can help.
- "Once you get there, I'm sure the Reachmen won't know what hit them.
Look for Sergeant Antieve in Northglen. He was just sent there, but with Captain Hjurrun dead, he's one of my most senior officers. I suppose I'll need to give him a promotion."
- Would you like me to tell him about the promotion?
- "Sure. He could probably use some encouragement. Tell him I'm going to promote him to Lieutenant … assuming we defeat the Reachmen, of course."
Leave the city, and take the road north. You will soon arrive at the village of Northglen which is in fact under attack by the Dark Witnesses. Sergeant Antieve will be standing near the mill. Speak with him to offer your assistance.
- "Look here! If it isn't Strastnoc's bane!
Have you come down to lop off a few more Reachmen heads? There are plenty to go around down these parts."
- The queen sent me to see how I can help.
- "Smart woman. Damn glad she's back in charge. Who'd have thought Duke Renchant was going to sell us all out? Guess he got what was coming to him.
We've got Reachmen to worry about now. Captain Gaercroft's in charge here—you should talk to him."
- This quest is only offered if you have not started Beyond the Call.
|Leading the Stand|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|I should speak to Queen Arzhela about Uela's threats.
Objective: Talk to Queen Arzhela
|Queen Arzhela asked me to travel to Northglen and speak to Sergeant Antieve about helping to turn the tide of battle in our favor.
Objective: Talk to Sergeant Antieve