Online: Kyne's Aegis
- While many Nords attribute the founding of Kyne's Aegis to Fuldimar Hookhand in 1E 244, Dragon Cult ruins tell a far older—and darker—story.
|# of Zones||1|
|Haafingar, Western Skyrim|
|North of Kilkreath Temple Wayshrine|
|Veteran Speed Run Target|
Kyne's Aegis is an island bastion in the Sea of Ghosts. It is located on an island north of Solitude. Its original purpose was to be a bulwark against northern invasions which approached the coast via the easiest channel. Thane Ogvar was given ownership over the fort and over time, it morphed into a northern fishing village in addition to a fort. The island's gold veins have led to the Thane establishing a mining operation. Until recently, the fort has remained peaceful with only the occasional northern squall cropping up to cause concern. The transformation of the island to a fishing and mining spot has led to the slow decline of the fort.
A short time ago, tremendously large longships appeared to the north. Before a proper defense could be mustered, these ships crashed into the island, disgorging Sea Giants and Half-Giants onto the island, led by a powerful Vampire lord. These creatures of myth quickly overwhelmed the northern island and have begun the assault of the fort proper.
With the island threatened, the Thane has sent for assistance from anyone that can reach the island.
A copy of Convergence of Maestros, Volume 2 can be found near the boat that takes you to the trial.
- Kyne's Aegis Objective: Join Thane Ogvar in Kyne's Aegis. / (?)
- Reinforcement for Kyne's Aegis: An island bastion calls for aid!
Kyne's Perch Keep
This is the first area, and Thane Ogvar's safe haven. You'll land at the docks here when you travel by way of boat from the northern coast, or by using the wayshrine.
A letter addressed to Thane Ogvar can be found by a campfire in front of the barricade. Several crafting stations can be found just beyond the docks, including a cooking fire, as well as blacksmithing, clothing, woodworking, enchanting, alchemy and jewelry crafting stations.
Kyne's Perch Village
This is the first area with enemies.
Balgvir's Siege Journal lies upon a crate in front of the door leading to the hill that rises towards the boss room. A Half-Giant Storm Caller blocks the way between you and the first boss. The door to the next area cannot be opened until this enemy and its cronies are defeated.
Ruins of Kyne's Aegis
The ancient Nordic ruins at the northern portion of the island.
- Bitter Knight
- Crimson Knight
- Vampire Assassin
- Vampire Foot Soldier
- Vampire Frost Mage
- Vrolsworn Conjurer
- Bitter Knight
- Blood Knight
- Butcher's Fire Shaman
- Chaurus Totem
- Crimson Knight
- Dragon Totem
- Half-Giant Apothecary
- Half-Giant Bulwark
- Half-Giant Butcher
- Half-Giant Harpooner
- Half-Giant Marauder
- Half-Giant Raider
- Half-Giant Savage
- Half-Giant Sea Shaman
- Half-Giant Storm Caller
- Half-Giant Tidebreaker
- Harpy Totem
- Gargoyle Totem
- Sanguine Prison
- Storm Twin
- Vampire Infuser
Yandir the Butcher
- Balgvir's Siege Journal by Balgvir
- Letter to Thane Ogvar by Thunvilde — A letter describing historical encounters with Sea Giants
There are two achievements associated with this trial.
- Kyne's Aegis exists in Skyrim, but as an unmarked island with two gold ore veins, as confirmed during the announcement stream. It has no ruins, except for a skeleton clutching a flagpole at the peak of the island. The trial was based on this island (its gold mining history inspired by the ore veins) and it was retroactively named Kyne's Aegis.
- This unmarked island appears a second time in ESO in the Western Skyrim zone, west of Northern Watch Ritual Site, in the same location as it was in Skyrim.
- The map marker for Kyne's Aegis will show up as available and give the prompt to teleport even to players who don't own Greymoor, unlike trials for other unowned content (i.e. Sunspire) which will immediately direct players who don't own the content to the Crown Store. If one who doesn't have Greymoor tries to teleport to it, only then will they be given the "Locked Content" notice.