Online:Keeper of Knowledge
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Keeper of Knowledge|
Quest Related Events
Come close to him and he'll say: "Who is it? Who comes to these ancient corridors after all these years?"
Speak to him and he'll tell you:
- "You are the first to come here in many long centuries, since this place was sealed.
I despaired of anyone ever finding their way here."
- What are you doing down here?
- "I am the High Librarian of Dresan Keep. I was charged with protecting our greatest treasure—the combined histories of the earliest days of High Rock.
Do be careful with these books. They are in pristine condition."
- Your treasure is history?
- "Indeed. Our patron is Hermaeus Mora, the scryer of the heavens and he who determines the Tides of Fate.
These treasures have been sealed away for too long. Hoarding knowledge is worse than hoarding gold. Or so our patron has decreed."
- What would you have me do?
- "Take this index. It contains the names of all the volumes and scrolls the keep contains.
You must give the Dresan Index to someone who can make use of it, such as a scholar of magic."
- How do I exit this vault?
- "Like a civilized person, you may leave through the door on the far side of the vault. No need to use the well again.
The ward on the gate has been broken and the door will open now."
If you speak to him before leaving, he'll add:
- "The wards on the vault entrance have been removed. You are free to go."
- What will you do now?
- "I may yet linger. There are always more books to catalog or cross-reference.
Or perhaps our patron has another task for me. The flow of knowledge and the march of history never ends. And a good librarian's work is never done."