|Home City||Port Hunding|
|Location||Alik'r Desert, Betnikh, Daggerfall, Glenumbra, Sentinel, Stonetooth Fortress, Wayrest|
|Ship||The Spearhead, The Dawn Posset|
Irien is an Altmer who is found across the water from the Grave on Stros M'Kai. When you first encounter her, she is fretting about Jakarn, who has gotten himself imprisoned. She will later follow him as a member of Captain Kaleen's crew and then eventually join Lambur's crew, enjoying life at sea.
Irien appears to always keep an eye on Jakarn due to him sleeping with other women. If you destroyed the Relic in Carzog's Demise, she will also state that you have made the right choice to destroy it, for a power like that cannot be in anyone's hands.
- "My poor Jakarn! I don't want to think about what they're doing to him down there. He's a Prince! He doesn't belong in the Grave."
- Why do they call it the Grave?
- "It's beneath the palace and anyone thrown in dies there. Jakarn said the guards are brutal and the other prisoners are worse."
- Can't he escape?
- "Traps, guards, and other prisoners prevent that. Jakarn said there are rows and rows of traps. And everyone down there, except for Jakarn, is a vicious murderer. No one's ever gotten out. My poor Jakarn!"
- You said Jakarn is a prince?
- "Yes, from Westtry. How I long to travel there with him. He described it as bright, beautiful, and full of life."
- Aren't you worried about ruining your dress?
- "What kind of a question is that? My true love has been cast into a dark pit to die. If I thought I could get past the traps, I would go in after him. I can always buy another dress."
After helping Jakarn in his adventure, on your way to meet up with him at the Screaming Mermaid, you'll run into Irien leaving the tavern in tears:
- Irien : "That bastard!"
Speak to her and she'll tell you:
- "If you're looking for that bastard Jakarn, he's at the tavern with a Redguard girl."
- What happened?
- "I overheard him telling a Redguard girl he'd whisk her off to Sentinel. That he was a ship captain. She swooned like a fool. Like I did.
I'd tell the Headman where he's hiding if I didn't hate the Headman more. I need off this island."
If you destroyed the relic:
- "For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing, destroying that relic. Magic that powerful should not be in the hands of Men."
- You're sailing with us?
- "Of course. I'll pull my weight, unlike Jakarn.
- He's not getting near another woman until I'm too old to stop him, and we Altmer live a very long time."
Irien can be found on Captain Marck's ship.
- "Well, now. What brings you to our humble abode?"
- You're sailing on this ship now? What happened to the Spearhead?
- "I joined Kaleen just to make Jakarn miserable, but I found I rather like the sea. It's not a bad life.
I won't fight against my countrymen, but Captain Marck isn't involved in the war against the Altmer. I'm happy here."
She can be found in the marketplace.
- "I've never been to a market like this. It's so … quaint. Redguards are remarkably polite, considering the war.
You did well on the docks. Quite well indeed."
- What brings you to the market?
- "Restocking the Dawn Posset's stores. Captain Marck has often remarked upon my talent for coin and counting. He also trusts me not to run off with his gold.
The selection is a bit dry, but we will make ."'
- Are you happy to see Telonil again?
- "It is nice to speak to a fellow mer. Perhaps if there were more of us outside the Dominion and less inside, we would not be having this war.
Telonil is a gentleman, and his suggestions have born fruit. I am glad for his company."