Upon finding Ethodan in the Gryphon Aerie:
- "I can't believe I was nearly pecked to death. Nothing is worth this sort of trauma."
- You're safe now. Miranrel is waiting for you by the road.
- "Oh, I'll go back to Miranrel all right. And give her a piece of my mind! This was all her idea in the first place."
You will then signal Ethodan over, and he will run away from the aerie.
When speaking to Ethodan once he meets back with Miranrel at the King's Haven Wayshrine:
- "If you're looking for a reward or something, go talk to Miranrel. She's the one who promised you something, right?"
After speaking to Ethodan once the related quest has been completed:
- "This is the last time I try to pull off one of Miranrel's hair brained schemes."