|Home City||Bright-Throat Village|
- Empty Nest: Investigate strange occurrences at the Bright-Throat egg nursery.
- Iskenaaz: "This is the uxith. The nest where our eggs are cared for. The egg-tenders take every care to make ensure that our offspring are healthy and safe."
- Meena: "Can you do this another time, Iskenaaz? We're already behind."
Speaking to her first will have her exclaim everything is fine:
- "It's premature for a tour. We still have a lot of preparations to make."
- The Bright-Throats are known for their egg tending.
- "True. We're also known for our social savvy, so quit trying to blow bubbles up my bog and tell me why you're here.
That busybody Iskenaaz ask you to spy on us now? I swear he'll go running to the tree-minder over the littlest thing."
- Actually, it was the tree-minder. Something is upsetting the Hist. She said the eggs are suffering.
- "What? No, that's not true! Look for yourself. These eggs are as healthy as any I've ever seen."
- What about the empty nest beds?
- "They returned to the Hist. It happens to a few eggs in almost every clutch. Sometimes the Hist just doesn't believe it's time for a soul to return. The Hist takes them back and we focus our efforts on nurturing those intended to hatch."
- So there's been nothing abnormal, nothing at all?
I can't believe even the tree-minder is being paranoid about the upcoming bonding ritual. These eggs are going to shine like gems when the envoys arrive. If everyone would stop fussing over us!"
- I'll let you get back to your work.
- [Lie] Just curious, I swear.
- "Mmmhmm. Poke around if you want, but I don't have time for games."
After speaking to Haxara she will run off in abruptly while Meena tries to convince her to stay:
- Haxara: "I'm sorry—I'm sorry! Excuse me!"
- Meena: "Haxara ...! Kaoc! That's the second time today."
Returning to Meena will have her question just what you said to cause her to react that way:
- "What did you say to her? You just doubled my work load."
- I told her the Hist thinks the eggs are suffering and she broke down.
- "Ugh, that woman. All the tenders treat these eggs like their own clutches, but for someone who's never bonded she's the most doting mother I've ever met."
- You're saying she's never borne children?
- "She gets her hopes up every time the bonding ritual approaches, but she's never selected. She'd be a good mother—I think—if she ever got the chance, but I'm no tree-minder."
- Do you think she resents having to take care of other people's children?
- "Are you kidding? I think it's the only thing that keeps her going. She's mopey for about a month and then she's back to being the most caring person you've ever seen."
After the investigation of the uxith completed, she will just warn you, saying, "Be mindful where you step when passing through the uxith."
Once the quest Empty Nest is completed, if Haxara is allowed to stay with her daughter, Meena have the following to say:
- "I don't know if Haxara will ever tend to our eggs again, but I don't see the harm in letting them visit the uxith. She thinks being near the Hist will help her daughter and I can't say no to her. I don't think I've ever seen her this happy."