Elder Scrolls Online has many types of Currency.
The following currencies can be freely withdrawn or deposited into your account-wide bank. They do not take up inventory space.
- Gold — The main currency, used to pay for most services and trade with players
- Alliance Points — A currency earned for participation in the Alliance War and Battlegrounds
- Tel Var Stones — A currency earned and spent in the Imperial City
- Writ Vouchers — A currency accepted by Mastercraft Mediators, earned for completing Master Writs
The following currencies are locked and account-wide. They do not take up inventory space. They cannot be deposited or withdrawn from the bank. Most items purchased with Crowns are able to be gifted to other players, but Crowns cannot be gifted directly.
- Crowns — A currency used in the Crown Store
- Crown Gems — A currency tied to Crown Crates
- Event Tickets — A currency earned only from in-game events
- Outfit Change Tokens — A currency used at Outfit Stations, usually purchased from the Crown Store
- Seals of Endeavor — A currency tied to the Endeavors system and Crown Crate items.
- Transmute Crystals — A currency used to transmute the traits of equipment, earned from various activities (e.g. Undaunted pledges)
- Undaunted Keys — A currency used to purchase items from the Undaunted Pledge Masters
Service Tokens are only visible on the character select screen and can only be used from there. They are usually purchased from the Crown Store.
- Alliance Change Tokens — A token used to change the alliance your character is aligned to.
- Appearance Change Tokens — A token used to change your character's appearance.
- Name Change Tokens — A token used to change your character's name.
- Race Change Tokens — A token used to change your character's race.
The following currencies exist as inventory items and can be deposited into the bank.
- Arena Gladiator's Proof — A currency used to buy special collectables from the War Researchers. One a day can be earned from Conquest daily quest in Cyrodiil.
- Siege of Cyrodiil Merit — A currency used to buy special collectables from the Tel Var General Merchants. One a day can be earned from Imperial City Daily Quests.