|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
Cordius Pontifio is an Imperial found in the White-Gold Tower. While he is initially friendly, he along with the other two elite guards must be killed later on as part of the second boss encounter. He dual wields swords in combat.
- Planemeld Obverse: Fulfill the prophecy of an Elder Scroll by freeing the White-Gold Tower from Coldharbour's clutches.
- Pledge: White-Gold Tower: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing White-Gold Tower.
White-Gold Tower Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the White-Gold Tower.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
He can be spoken to in the Palace sewers:
- "I don't care how great the Moth Priest says you are. The Palace should be reclaimed under the banner of the Empress Regent.
- Don't make a mess of this."
- What's going on here?
- "That you agreed to a task you don't understand fills me with unease. Clivia Tharn is mounting an offensive to retake the Tower. It was to be a glorious day before you appeared.
- It should be the Empress Regent who retakes White-Gold for the Empire."
After killing The Adjudicator he can be asked about the Ruby Throne.
- "White-Gold Tower has been home to the Empire since the early First Era. To see Daedra make a mockery of it atop the Ruby Throne burns my soul."
- What is the Ruby Throne?
- "Are you daft? It's the big chair at the back of the room! The Empress Regent will sit there when we've won the Tower, like her predecessors before her.
- You really need to get out more. See the world. "What is the Ruby Throne?" Outrageous."
Once Sister Terran reveals the Elder Scroll to the Empress Regent, the following happens:
- Sister Terran Arminus: "Hold! The Scroll is here!"
- Empress-Regent Clivia Tharn: "Where? There's nothing."
- Sister Terran Arminus: "This is where I left it. Give me a moment. You'll see." [In flash of glowing blue light the Scroll appears, floating on the pedestal.]
- Empress-Regent Clivia Tharn: "The Elder Scroll!"
- Sister Terran Arminus: "It's not ready! Don't touch it!"
- Empress-Regent Clivia Tharn: "The Scroll is mine." [Empress Regent Clivia takes the Scroll.]
- "Kill them all!"
- Micella Carlinus: "As you wish, Empress."
- "For Clivia Tharn!"
- "For the Ruby Throne!"
Skills and Abilities
Unlike most other bosses, Cordius Pontifio is not immune to crowd control effects. Players should use this to their advantage. Cordius' attacks are similar to many player skills, and have almost identical associated effects. The boss's attacks are identical in both Normal and Veteran mode, the only difference is that in Veteran mode he has more health and does more damage.
- Quick Strike
- A basic melee attack that does moderate physical damage. If taunted, the boss will be forced to use this attack on the tank only.
- Steel Tornado
- A melee attack that does moderate physical damage to all enemies around the boss.
- Teleport Strike
- The boss teleports to a random player, doing moderate physical damage and stunning the target briefly.
- Rapid Strikes
- The boss stabs a target rapidly, doing moderate physical damage over time.
- Engulfing Flames
- The boss breathes fire in a cone in the direction he is facing. This attack does moderate flame damage over time to all enemies hit by it.
- Corrosive Armor
- The boss surrounds himself in a protective field, reducing the damage he takes greatly, while doing minor flame damage to all players around him as indicated by a red circle. He only does this once, and usually when he is low on health.
- Standard of Might
- The boss drops a banner at his position, doing high flame damage over time to all players as indicated by a red circle. As his allies die, Cordius will use this ability more often. This attack is usually accompanied by a voice clip ("For the Ruby Throne!", or "For Clivia Tharn!"), which warns players to move away as soon as possible.
- Break Free
- If stunned or slowed, the boss can break free giving himself CC immunity for about 5 seconds.
- Molten Weapons[verification needed]
- The boss charges his weapons with flame, thus every attack he performs has a chance to proc the "Burning" effect on the player, doing minor flame damage over time.
- Empower[verification needed]
- If he is near his allies, Cordius gains a buff that increases his damage done and reduces his damage taken. The boss will glow red when this buff is active. The tank can try to separate him from his allies to prevent this.