In Elder Scrolls Online, there are seven crafting professions. Skill points are needed to fully develop crafting skills, but you are not limited to a single profession, and can choose to dabble in all of them, or specialize in a few professions. To craft, a crafting station of appropriate kind must be found.
Crafting materials can be gathered from the world, such as plants or ore, or looted from enemies. The primary use is to create items, however several crafting skills allow extracting of materials from items or researching traits they possess, which destroys those items. Some even let you improve existing items.
- Alchemy: The practice of binding of two or more Reagents with a Solvent to make potions and poisons.
- Blacksmithing: The art of converting raw materials into and improving upon heavy armor and metallic weapons.
- Clothing: The art of converting raw materials into and improving upon light and medium armor.
- Enchanting: The practice of binding Runes into Glyphs used to enhance weapons, armor, and jewelry.
- Jewelry Crafting: A skill added by the Summerset chapter which allows the crafting and improvement of Jewelry.
- Provisioning: The art of converting Ingredients into ingestible Foods and Drinks.
- Woodworking: The art of converting raw wood into and improving upon Staves, Bows, and Shields.
The table below shows the amount of skill points required in order to max out each profession skill line.
|Order||Profession||Skill points required|
Crafting Stations are places at which you can partake in the crafting professions. Each type of crafting station is most commonly found at a particular type of store: alchemy stations are found at apothecaries, blacksmithing stations are found at smithies, clothing stations are found at smithies and clothiers, enchanting stations are found at chironasia, and woodworking stations are found at carpentries and some smithies. Cooking fires for provisioning are most commonly found in inns and camps. Jewelry crafting writs are inconsistently placed, but can usually be found in major cities. Besides that, special Crafting Sites are always equipped with blacksmithing, clothing, jewelry, and woodworking stations for crafting items in specific Sets.
All seven crafting professions use Inspiration for leveling purposes. Each profession uses the same amount of inspiration for all ranks as shown in the below table. Higher crafting ranks allow you to create higher level products and unlock more passive abilities in each profession. Inspiration is gained from performing crafting activities, such as creation, improvement, extraction, and refinement, as well as by completing writs. You gain more inspiration by crafting or deconstructing higher quality products. You can increase the amount of inspiration you earn in a few ways. 30 Champion Points in The Tower will grant you the Inspiration Boost perk, which increases gains by 20%. Playing as an Orc also grants you a natural 10% boost to inspiration via their innate Craftsman skill.
for Next Rank