Online:Breaches on the Bay
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
- Talk to Loremaster Celarus in the main hall of Ceporah Tower or Josajeh in the Athenaeum of Ceporah Tower.
- Talk to Josajeh and take the Psijic Map of Iliac Bay.
- The map with red crosses on it will lead you to the time breaches to seal them. The map remains in your inventory, under Quest category.
- Travel back to Artaeum and talk to Loremaster Celarus.
- Talk to Loremaster Celarus.
You can start the quest in one of the following ways:
- Talk to Josajeh in the Athenaeum in Ceporah Tower.
- Yes. What's the problem?
- "Our seers detected more of these time breaches. This time, in the Iliac Bay region. My homeland.
The Loremaster and I will keep searching for the cause of the disturbances. In the meantime, we need you to seal them."
- All right. Should I use the same gear as last time?
- "Yes. Take this map of the region, more Psijic Seals, and the Augur. I hope the breaches haven't grown more powerful.
Stay safe. And ... just make sure Alik'r weathers this, all right? I know I shouldn't ... I have to stay detached. Never mind."
- Don't worry. I'll seal these time breaches.
- Talk to Loremaster Celarus in the main hall of Ceporah Tower.
You now receive The Augur of the Obscure. Talk to Josajeh.
- "May the Old Way guide your steps. The Loremaster was very impressed by your work in Summerset. He's a hard mer to know, but he's always been generous with his praise.
I just wish I could be a better student."
- You think you're a poor student?
- "Well, not in the traditional sense.
Don't get me wrong—I'm a very proficient mage. That's what caught the Loremaster's eye when he found me in the Alik'r. I just struggle with some of the deeper lessons. The philosophy."
- What lessons are you talking about?
- "The Psijic Order isn't just a collection of wizards. It's a world view, you know? A state of mind.
It's not enough to be a talented mage. You have to learn to see things in a different way. To cultivate a detached and virtuous perspective."
- You haven't done that?
- "Some days I think I'm making progress. Then other days—days like today—I see how far I have to go.
A true Psijic would see all people and regions as equals. But for me ... part of me never left the Alik'r. My heart's still in the desert."
- So you're more troubled by this happening in your homeland?
- "Yes. I would never admit it to the Loremaster, but yes.
I'm sorry—I don't mean to bother you with this. You're just starting out, after all. Just forget I said anything. Be safe."
The following table lists the locations of the breaches, and the quotes from the Augur of the Obscure when you get near. Use the Augur when you are near a breach to be able to see it and seal it. Sealing a breach uses one of the Psijic Seals.
|On a cliff overlooking Deleyn's Mill||Well this is picturesque, eh? Aside from all the imps and such. Did you know that imps have belly-buttons? Please don't ask me why!|
|Between the roots on the north side of the Beldama Wyrd Tree||Another breach near that tree, I think. Fun fact—all deciduous trees love accordion music. Just more proof that all trees are idiots.|
|On a bluff on the west side of Burial Mounds||Ugh ... zombies. You ever try to talk to a zombie? They won't let you get a word in edgewise! Just groan this and moan that! Let's find this breach and leave, eh?|
|Inside a shipwreck on the west side of the Koeglin Lighthouse island||Another breach by the sea! Ship's seen better days, eh? It's like I always say—the only thing you should make out of wood is nothing. Wood is ridiculous.|
|On the edge of the highest tier of Cumberland Falls||Hmm .... I'm seeing a breach by a waterfall. Or maybe a flight of very wet stairs. Stairs are a bit silly, eh? Why not flip gravity and fall up?|
|Just west of Moonlit Maw||Definitely a breach here, mate. Say, I was thinking—maybe we should get something for Josajeh to cheer her up! I'm thinking meat of some variety. You meat-brains like meat, right?|
|On the edge of a cliff north of Salas En, northeast of The Warrior, overlooking Rain Catcher Fields||You're doing that thing where water squirts out of your skin, aren't you? Sweating, eh? Ugh. And you people think I'm weird! Let's find this breach and cool off.|
|Against a cliff wall west of Easterly Aerie||Hmm .... Yeah, there's a breach nearby. Say, did you know there are six and a half quadrillion grains of sand in the Alik'r? Oh, come on. Don't act like you're not impressed!|
|Between HoonDing's Watch and Ragnthar||Ah, look! Yokudan ruins. You know the Yokudans could make magic idea-swords using nothing but their brains? Bit of a waste, that. I'd have made a very comfortable chair.|
After closing all breaches return to Artaeum and talk to Josajeh to complete the quest.
- "Welcome back, initiate. I hope the Augur didn't give you too much trouble.
So? Was your journey a success? Is Alik'r safe?"
- Yes. I closed all the time breaches around the Iliac Bay.
- "Well, that's a relief. For now, at least. I'm afraid the situation has grown more ... complicated. But we can discuss that later. For now, you've done the Order proud. You're clearly ready to take your next steps. Use this wisely."
|Breaches on the Bay|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|I should talk to Josajeh before I set out.
Objective: Talk to Josajeh
|I should review the map of Time Breaches around the Iliac Bay and plan my route.
Objective: Examine the Psijic Map
|Josajeh furnished me with a new map, more Psijic Seals, and the Augur of the Obscure. I must set out for the Iliac Bay and seal these time breaches.
Objective: Seal Breaches in the Iliac Bay Region: 0 / 9
|I sealed all the time breaches around the Iliac Bay. I should return to Artaeum and inform Josajeh of my success.
Objective: Talk to Josajeh