The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Store||The Gilded Fork|
When speaking with non-Altmer characters, he will constantly act snide:
- "Do you mind stepping back a few paces? You have a distinct odor that might make my everfresh bread loaf wilt in an unpleasing fashion. I'm sure you understand."
- "Before you get too comfortable, I don't serve any of that strange, foreign food here. Nothing but traditional Altmer fare prepared in the traditional Altmer fashion.
If that suits your needs, then we can do business."
- "Another bit of driftwood tossed up from the sea …. I suppose you heard that I am the greatest chef in all of Alinor? That the Proxy Queen herself loves my peacock confit?
No? Well, if you were a High Elf, you'd be impressed by my credentials."
If the player is an Altmer, he will be considerably more friendly, while still disparaging newcomers:
- "Finally, someone with discriminating tastes and a palate worthy of my masterful cuisine creations!
Just between us, I had an Orc stop by who had absolutely no idea what to do with one of my delectable meat pasties."
- "Friend High Elf, welcome! Let me draw pleasure by filling your stomach with the finest food in Summerset!
An Argonian stopped by and asked if I had a six-ooze parfait. I thought she was joking! The arrivers need to learn to appreciate real food."
- "With all the newcomers filling the streets, I'm glad to see an Altmer grace my establishment. Can I tempt you with a High Elf delicacy?
One of those Nords had the nerve to say that my century soup had spoiled. It's supposed to taste that way!"