The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Location||The Bay Tar's Mess|
- "Welcome to the Bay-Tar's Mess, mate!
- Be careful not to step on any toes here; everyone's a little on edge, and I only allow one bar-fight per day."
- Did any crows get in here?
- "Nope, thank the Eight. It's really something though, eh? We got a betting pool going about it. Gorour put twenty gold on "Daedric plague." Lagbaal says they're coming out of Mauloch's arse or something. My money's on a Wyrd hex."
- "Aye! Those faerie-fobbing witches out in the woods.
- Wouldn't be the first time they put a curse on us. Turned all our pants backwards once, they did."
- You're kidding me.
- "Not even a little bit. This one time, I had twelve toads in one of my kegs...."
- "And what? Bah...never mind."
- How's business?
- "About as good as you might expect. Don't tell the regulars, but I've been watering the ale like mad. I haven't had a new shipment come in for weeks."
- They haven't noticed?
- "Not yet. I love them like family, but they're not exactly guild scholars.
- Anyway, I'm trying my hand at brewing my own ale to make up the difference."
- And how's that going?
- "Well I had to use stale barley for hops...and we ran out of sugar so I used some old candies I found....Yeah, I also didn't have any yeast, so I just sort of poured some brown ale in it."
- How's it taste?
- "Like troll piss on a hot day."
- How's everyone taking the King's death?/How's everyone taking King Eamond's death?