The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Alurue has some interesting ideas as to the identity of the mysterious Scarlet Judge:
- "Everyone tries to guess the identity of the Scarlet Judge. But those of us immersed in the mysteries of the Tribunal know the truth."
- What truth?
- "The Scarlet Judge is obviously our Lord Vivec! Only one of our Living Gods could accomplish what the Scarlet Judge has done."
- Isn't Vivec busy with his city?
- "Vivec is the god of justice for all Dunmer, not only those in Vivec City! And the sermons speak of the Warrior-Poet splitting his mind into many bodies. He can oversee the city and dispense justice in equal measure."
- Then why the disguise?
- "Lord Vivec is a poet as well as a warrior. He knows the value of legends and the utility of a subtle touch. It doesn't serve his purpose to make us dependent on divine intervention."