Oblivion talk:Whom Gods Annoy
- 1 Lost Scamps
- 2 Some creature(s) respawn in less than three days
- 3 Training glitch after this quest?
- 4 No effect on madgod?
- 5 Soul Trap
- 6 Chameleon
- 7 Bugs
- 8 Glitch
- 9 Could attacking the scamps = unreported assault?
- 10 Get the two staffs & bear the staff without speed penalty
- 11 Everscamps Missing
- 12 Pacifist Method
I seem to have lost two of my everscamps in the course of repetitively killing them for blade and light armor points; anyone else see this behavior? Running Oblivion + SI at latest version -22.214.171.124 13:40, 27 May 2007 (EDT)
Some creature(s) respawn in less than three days
I used the method of clearing Darkfathom Cave before accepting the staff from Rosentia Gallenus. I then returned to Leyawiin to get the staff. When I returned to the cave, the Storm Atronach that I had already killed had respawned. However, this was the only creature that respawned--the others were still dead. The game time that had expired was less than a day, so the section of this article that mentions three days before respawning is not entirely accurate. --Big oaf 09:53, 7 June 2007 (EDT)
- I haven't specifically noticed that in Darkfathom Cave, but I have noticed it in some other caves. I think there may be something about once there are too many corpses in an area, the game clears out the oldest ones the next time you re-enter, no matter how short a time it has been. But if the corpses are from respawning creatures, then the creature gets respawned at the same time, too. At some point tests need to be done to confirm that and to figure out the details. Until then, I'm not too sure what can accurately be added to an article like this. The basic rule is definitely three days until respawning. --NepheleTalk 10:41, 7 June 2007 (EDT)
Training glitch after this quest?
I've done this quest and after I finished it, all of the trainers had 5/5 trains with me, and believe me, I haven't done that... Anyone else having these problems?
- You can only train five times per level regardless of which trainer you use. You'll need to go up a level then try again. --Rpeh•T•C•E• 03:27, 25 October 2007 (EDT)
- I think the nameless one is trying to say the trainers all jumped to 5/5, but he had not done any training to get that 5/5.--Odul
There is no 5/5 training glitch in this game. Either the original poster had trained 5 times before doing this quest and then forgot about it when he went to see other trainers, or he was under the impression that you could train 5 times in each skill every level. 126.96.36.199 14:25, 19 May 2008 (EDT)
No effect on madgod?
I've noticed that, if you are the madgod, the scamps don't seem to follow you until you are in the cave and you don't take the hit on your speed. Can anyone else confirm this? -nologon
- Yes and no. I have done this quest with two different characters (fairly) recently. Neither were the Madgod. One was affected by the speed drain, the other wasn't. I'm not sure why, but it may simply be an intermittent bug in the script on the staff, or maybe a script timing issue. I've never had a problem with the scamps not following me, though. --Gaebrial 02:44, 17 April 2008 (EDT)
I just realized that you could Chameleon the scamps and therefore, sneaking is very easy with the scamps. 188.8.131.52 21:32, 28 October 2008 (EDT) (Helper Unknown)
- Except that you have to cast it four times per interval (30 secs or so), and it must be a high magnitude. So I wouldn't say it's easy. --Timenn < talk > 10:11, 29 October 2008 (EDT)
- Great Point! 184.108.40.206 21:22, 29 October 2008 (EDT) (Helper Unknown)
Any spells for the scamps should be done with a 10 foot radius. It's much more efficient as far as magic used as well as speed. 220.127.116.11 03:04, 31 March 2009 (EDT)
- (moved from the article - one-off problems and first person usage)
- Everscamps appear to cause instability in the game. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Glitches/Proposed#Oblivion_loading_glitch
- I was looking for information about this possibility because I've been using the scamps as human shields for a while, and suddenly my game crashes often.
- Everscamps being killed by traps seem to often crash the game. (Arrow traps are the usual culprits, most likely because the scamps will respawn and immediately trigger the trap).
- After 1.5 hours of trying to clear Rickety Mine and having constant crashes on saving(auto/quick/normal), I concluded the scamps were most likely the problem. If I was able to save in a dungeon, killing an amazon and then saving again would usually crash the game.
Glitch Hello, I dont know if anyone still plays oblivion but if you do I have a glitch in this quest. When I go into Dark fathom cave the Clannfears there are super powerful. Im at lvl 14 and have 202 health and they kill me in 1 hit. Is my health low or is this a glith???
Thanks I jsut noticed
Could attacking the scamps = unreported assault?
On occasion, My game will crash when fast-traveling, saving or even when I try to close the game. The last one wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have to alt+tab to the error window in order to click on it so I could close down the game. In any case, I recalled reading about a bug that could cause such crashes; it occurred from racking up too many unreported, zero-bounty assaults (such as from attacking Peryite's "frozen" followers to train skills).
Now I've using the scamps in Rosentia's house as training dummies while they're still following her. Could attacking them while they're "owned" by Rosentia be counting as unreported assaults? I know this may seem like a silly question, but in the section about assaults on the Crime page, It says that attacking the summon of a friendly NPC is considered an assault. Are the everscamps regarded as Rosentia's "summons" while she carries the staff? Or could their be some other cause for the crashes I'm experiencing?
I read that you can resolve the unreported assault bug by committing a crime that is reported and then paying the fine, but I'd rather avoid getting a black mark on my record with my current character. Of course, when I get around to playing an evil character, that won't be a problem... *wicked grin*
18.104.22.168 17:11, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- The Everscamps are not owned by anyone, they simply follow whomever wields the Staff. I do not believe that they would count as a crime when struck. --DKong27 Talk Cont 18:46, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
Get the two staffs & bear the staff without speed penalty
Before take the staff from Rosentia, pickpocket her staff while she is sleeping. And talk to her, she give you extra staff. so you can get the two staffs. Progress the quest at the shine of sheogorath and drop the all staffs near the shine but not at the shine. Pick up the one. Now you still bear the one staff but speed penalty is gone. If you drop the one of staff at the shine and drop any other staff, You can't pick up any of the staff of the everscamp on the ground. Guyde (talk) 10:48, 2 June 2014 (GMT)
Hi, so this is my third time playing Oblivion (PC version + Expansions + Unofficial Oblivion Patch) and I want to do the Whom Gods Annoy quest. Truth be told, I just want to grind my skills as the respawning Everscamps are a good source of combat training. Anyway, when I entered Rosentia Gallenus' house after hearing the rumors and a new journal entry, the Everscamps are nowhere to be found. There are no hissing sounds—heck, I even used my Detect Life spell to check if their presence inside the house. Rosentia still gives out her quest dialogue concerning the cursed daedric staff, but essentially without the Everscamps, the quest itself lacks fun and annoyance. I tried loading to an earlier save, but still no Everscamps. Any solution(s)? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 07:55 on 18 January 2015 (GMT)
I'm attempting a pacifist run through Oblivion, and was able to successfully complete this quest without killing anything.
With high enough sneak/Chameleon, it's possible to get to the end chamber and drop the staff without alerting any enemies. (the Everscamps will NOT fight for you, if you thought that'd be a clever way to get through) Alynnidalar (talk) 20:58, 9 September 2017 (UTC)