Oblivion talk:Jakben Imbel's House
Thoughts and questions about this page
Okay, page now have in-depth descriptions covering each and every zone, coupled with the corresponding images – it looks great, but a few questions popped up while I was counting clutter barrels in the basement of Jakben’s house. As this page is a strange hybrid between a regular (guildhall-like) house page and a place page, we should probably figure out how to link to it – and how to finish it. I’ll provide the answer to the latter first: the page will be finished the second someone goes through my in-game investigation using the CS and adds the usual information about respawning containers. I can easily do the in-game check on the cave, so the CS work is the biggest obstacle right now – somebody please do it, though! ☺ Back to the questions:
- 1: As this page is a hybrid and the first of its kind, I chose to eliminate the OPRP-tag from it; still, 1/5 of the page contains regular dungeon info, so we should decide whether or not we want a full “writtenby/checkedby”-thing, meaning the OPRP tag should be added right above the Catacombs section if possible, so the incomplete-tag can stay in place until everything is complete.
- 2: I think we should make a linkable entry directly to the Catacombs section for use on the Caves and Vampire Dungeon pages, which basically means that it will be called “Catacombs – a small cave underneath Jakben Imbel’s House. It certainly sounds better than what we have now, with a confusing house link from the cave page. Opinions?
- 3: Where do we list these new “House” pages on the Oblivion:Places page? I talked to rpeh about it, and he suggested we used the term “Homes” to avoid crashing into “Houses” later on. Once again, opinions?
That's all! Let's get some responses! --Krusty 23:48, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Well, when I was creating the page I noticed the conflict with calling it a "house", so I just called it a building as it seemed the most appropriate of the current categories. Linking directly to the Catacombs from the dungeon pages is a good idea. I can do some of the CS checking of the house tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it. As for this weird hybrid page deserving its own little category, I think we'd need a few more "home" articles before creating it. I'm sure there are a good few important houses which deserve their own page (Jakben's Ayleid-obsessed neighbour has a nice place).
- I think the incomplete tag is fine for now, because it clarifies which cells need to be checked and how. Once the page is finished I guess a filled-in OPRP tag could be placed to avoid confusion. I don't contribute to the project, so I dunno if a separate tag would be needed for the cave as well. I guess the actual project members will figure that stuff out. Legoless 00:19, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- If you could do the (tedious) CS check, the page is 98% finished - from a reliable source, I know that checking houses from the CS is rather awkward, but basically it is nothing but to doublecheck if I counted all the containers and ingredients correctly - and then add a bit of info on safe containers. I'll take a look at the Catacombs this evening. --Krusty 06:30, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Solid work, you got most of the containers and your assumptions are all correct (although I imagine you've had practice). One thing you missed out on, though: the manservant's jewellery box. It was hiding out on top of a food cupboard in his room. Other than that, there were few corrections and all the safe containers have been noted (I think). I've edited the incomplete tag. Legoless 19:47, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Checked the Catacombs as well (not too many changes), so page is now officially finished, with one exception, and I'm not sure it is necessary, but we usually mention it. The zones with no storage-safe containers should end with the line: "All the containers respawn and is not safe for storage" - just to be on the safe side. Good work and thanks! --Krusty 22:27, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
Should this page be revised according to the Oblivion Houses Redesign Project? It wouldn't be too much work for me (or anyone for that matter) and it would make it uniform with the other house pages. *WoahBro►talk 05:17, 15 June 2013 (GMT)
- I think it should. Ask Helena though, since the house thing is her own personal pet project thingy :P Jeancey (talk) 06:36, 15 June 2013 (GMT)