Oblivion talk:Exploitable Glitches
- 1 Permanent effect by duplication
- 2 Boots of Bloody Bounding.
- 3 Scroll Duplication
- 4 Separate stack removal list
- 5 Infinite Money Glitch
- 6 Self-Cloning
- 7 Free recharge and repair glitch?
- 8 Odd crash.
- 9 permanant bound: runestone
- 10 Infinite money glitch 2
- 11 bug
- 12 Clearing stolen flag from zero-weight items with Shady Sam
- 13 Alternative Stolen Flag removal by scrolls?
- 14 Please help me add an internal link
- 15 Frostcrag Spire Glitch
- 16 Some duplication glitch
- 17 mother is nice
- 18 Daedric Lava Whiskey glitch.
- 19 Glitch through interior boundaries, via Self-Paralysis/Damage Fatigue Spells. (Xbox 360)
- 20 Unlimited Money (better than dorian)
- 21 Instructions on Easy Pickpocket Glitch w/ 100% Chameleon
- 22 Voluntarily trigger "jailtime followers" glitch
- 23 No effects on duped Cowl?
- 24 Not allowed to duplicate boar meat using scrolls
- 25 Glitch when transferring bound armor to mage follower
- 26 infinite leveling early
- 27 Engage in conversation with any NPC, regardless of Aggression.
- 28 A few mistakes
- 29 Doors
- 30 Wrong Warp / Save Warp
- 31 Sneak critical damage multiplier
- 32 Permanent Effects from Quest Items bug fixed by UOP?
- 33 "Equipping Items That Have Been Removed From Your Inventory"
- 34 Duplicating Umbra
- 35 Walking through walls
- 36 Permanent effects variation: ceaseless Invisibility or Chameleon when loading a save in that state
Permanent effect by duplication
I can't get the permanent effect by duplication glitch to work with necklaces. It works just fine with rings. Whenever I do the glitch, I get the effect, but as soon as I equip a new necklace I lose the glitched item bonuses. I've tried equipping another item on a different body part before exiting the inventory screen, but this doesn't seem to work. 22.214.171.124 19:32, 1 June 2011 (UTC)Anon
Boots of Bloody Bounding.
I noticed there were two in my inventory, dropped one and both disappeared. Picked it up, now I can't wear it and the enchantments are permanently attached. I'm probably screwed since, I've been keeping my saves to a bare minimum since I'm on an x-box. I've reached level 47 with all but Luck at 100, so I can live with it. Anyone else have this happen with this item? — Unsigned comment by Grelaria (talk • contribs) on 12 June 2011
- Sounds like a one off glitch. But in your post you said you dropped one and they both disappeared, then you picked it up. That makes no sense. --Manic 19:08, 12 June 2011 (UTC)
- This is likey a result of the cloning glitch combined with the permanent enchantment glitch. You might have accidently cloned them at some point and then accidentlly cloned the set you WERENT wearing. This makes the enchantment stick to you without wearing the boots. Its actually beneficial and you can do this with any enchanted item, including custom enchanted items.
- See this article: Oblivion:Exploitable_Glitches#Permanent_Enchantments
- -Castor R. Strain-126.96.36.199 16:18, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
Can anyone explain to me how to use the "Duplicate Items Using Scrolls" glitch to duplicate a large number of scrolls? I have 3 copies of a scroll right now and I cannot figure out how to get them to duplicate. I can duplicate 3 copies of other items just fine, I just can't get the scrolls to duplicate as the glitch suggests doing. --188.8.131.52 19:01, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
- Let's say you have 3 Flare and 3 Snowball scrolls. Drop one Flare, equip the 3 snowball, then drop the other 2 Flares. You should now have a stack of 2 Flares and 1 Flare, as well as the one you already dropped to make 4. Items don't duplicate if you have enough of the item in your inventory. I may be mistaken on my numbers though. Make sure you duplicate different numbers of items. 184.108.40.206 14:41, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
- I can't seem to get Scroll Duplication to work on non-magical Glass Arrows. I know I'm doing it right, I duplicate other items all the time using this method, even other types of arrows. Anyone else experienced this? 1337stephen 14:44, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
"on xbox for duplicating i choose the higher amount of scrolls and press A twice on them then drop a lesser item amount in my inventory. never works on stolen items." ~(anonymous)
Separate stack removal list
I notice that someone added another example. Would anyone object to listing the ten or so occurrences of this glitch here? I used to have a list of them when I tested the glitch. I could go through them again. Otherwise I was just putting notes on their individual pages. --220.127.116.11 04:39, 28 June 2011 (UTC)
- Separate Stack Removal glitch with the Welkynd stones you have to give to Martina Floria to receive Illusion Training does not work. I have 1 stolen stone and 9 non-stolen. When she takes them, only 1 non-stolen stone lefts.— Unsigned comment by N3r0 (talk • contribs) at 09:03 on 10 March 2012
Infinite Money Glitch
Should the Dorian infinite money glitch be added here? I know it's quite well known but it seems like one of the most notable glitches in the game. Kitkat1749 21:33, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah i just googled it, apparently the patch only stops his dead body having infinite gold, if you paralyze and pickpocket him it should still work Kitkat1749 21:55, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Should still? Have you tested it? Datacaust 16:26, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- Yes I have tested it, and yes it works. Kitkat1749 ;) 01:34, 7 August 2011 (UTC)
- You are correct. Datacaust 05:57, 8 August 2011 (UTC)
In the article, it says that there are several ways to clone yourself using the skull of corruption. This article, though undoubtedly true, the article does not cover the most fantastic loop of the glitch.
It is possible to keep your clone alive (and non-hostile) without using the staff of worms.
The process is this:
- Use any of the methods of cloning yourself dictated in the article. - DO NOT kill your clone - Instead of killing the clone, use a level 25 "command humanoid" spell on it, the clone will stop attacking - Once the command spell wears off, your clone will be non-hostile and standing still. - The clone will not move unless attacked or if you use a command spell on it.
Using this process, you can have your clone follow you for up to 2 minutes (maximum time for a command spell) without having to worry about reanimating it every 30 seconds. The downside to this is that you cannot use the clone as a portable storage container.
Also note that since the skull's effect is scripted to make your clone hate you... well.. it's gonna hate you. Nothing majorly bad, however, because the clone will not attack you under any means unless you attack it first, so basically all it does is make it sneer at you angrily.
The clone will also initiate passive dialogue with you such as "Why are you talking to me? Go away!" when you are in its close viscinity. It will not open a dialogue window with you like regualr npc's. Also if you are a member of the Dark Brotherhood, your clone may say "Why brother? Why?!" or other such dialogue when attacked.
- Castor R. Strain18.104.22.168 02:04, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
Free recharge and repair glitch?
Basically I stumbled upon a glitch that allows you to repair and recharge any item. You simply duplicate a weapon that has any enchantment on it (has to be at 100% health and charge), so that you have at least two. You then use some of the enchantment or damage the weapon, and then switch to the copy or stack of copies. Both weapons will be at 100 percent charge and damage, and one will be equipped. I just had a couple questions, and was wondering if someone would test them for me: Does this work for unenchanted weapons (same procedure, no enchantment)? Does this work on other systems besides ps3 (SI installed)? I don't think this makes a difference, but I used melee weapons with dwarven base items (both blunt), does this work for all weapons? If someone will answer these questions, I will add it to the article. Atomic223 02:09, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
- This is already sort of detailed under hotkeyed weapons. You could expand on that with a bit more description maybe. Datacaust 16:37, 3 August 2011 (UTC)
- It works for me, both for enchanted and unenchanted weapons. I have xbox 360 goty. Moreover, if you inadvertently depleting the one of the stacked weapons health/charge charge without "Refreshing" with the above method, I use scrolls to "Refresh" by selecting the a scroll grouping the same number as the number of stacked weapons and drop the weapons as if it were like a straight forward scroll duplication, selecting the weapons that are 100% charge/health to be dropped. Upon picking all the weapons up, they're all as good as new. It would be nice if someone else could test and verify that its not just for me! - Thanks Ahriman 16:24, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
I was wearing almost a full suit of permanent bound armor, when I got arrested. The game froze, and i had to restart the ps3. Has anyone had this problem? I think it may be a one-off problem, but i was just checking. Atomic223 20:19, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- Read. Elliot (talk) 20:32, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I saw that earlier, but im on ps3, i have that patch. Plus, this was permanent bound armor, which can be removed, so it wouldn't be effected by that bug anyway. Any other thoughts? Atomic223 20:48, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
permanant bound: runestone
i just tried the runestone method to get a permanent bound axe on oblivion vanila on 360, but after summoning the axe i activated the stone and said i wanted the items and it told me i already had a bound item of that type, and i didn't get the weapon or the gloves. Are we sure that method works? (From Fear to Eternity- Eddie The Head 09:35, 14 August 2011 (UTC))
- I had the same problem. I'm patched to 1.2. Could that be the problem? Is it patched?— Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 14:28 on 22 August 2011 (UTC)
- nah it cant be a patch because im playing on vanilla oblivion (original version) (From Fear to Eternity- Eddie The Head 14:28, 22 August 2011 (UTC))
Infinite money glitch 2
(Moved from main article)
"There is another glitch involving the vampire cure quest. You first need to become a vampire, then complete the quest. After you complete the quest you can ask the count ,in Skingrad Castle, for a reward. He gives you some gold (level dependent). After he gives you his reward, ask him about a reward again ,he will say the same thing before when he gave you gold the first time, and then he will give you gold, you can keep doing this as much as you want and you will get rich very quick."
I moved this because I'm pretty sure it was patched a while back, but I didn't want to just delete it. Feel free to re-add it if I was wrong. Kitkat1749 18:11, 14 August 2011 (UTC))
Warning this is not a good idea to do this it made my most rare items diapear. Imperial Dragon Armor, Fin Gleam, Skull of Corruption, Staff of Worms, Arch Mages Hood and my Arch Mages Robe. If anyone knows how to fix this please do tell.
moved from permanent bound objects using repair part (From Fear to Eternity- Eddie The Head 07:05, 3 September 2011 (UTC))
Clearing stolen flag from zero-weight items with Shady Sam
I don't know if this is known, but if you need to clear stolen flags from zero-weight items, you can reverse-pickpocket them onto Shady Sam and then pickpocket them back. For some reason, nothing in his inventory can be flagged as stolen (the game clears the flag), and items stolen from him don't get flagged either. I "launder" my stolen zero-weight clothing this way. 126.96.36.199 12:15, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
Alternative Stolen Flag removal by scrolls?
It works just like a regular scroll duplication, but instead your dropping the same number of items that you started with the exception that one of them is stolen. You need to have the same number of scrolls as the items your going to drop. With weapons however there are added variables to consider...
If I Have 3 owned weapons at 100% health/charge and a stolen item Unequipped, and select 4 scrolls then drop the stacked 3 owned weapons, the stolen item drops as well with the stolen tag cleared. Can anyone help verify that this will work for them as well? I'm on X-Goty.
DO NOT drop the 3 when the stolen weapon is equipped, the computer tends to freeze. (too many variables for the computer?? "stolen" & "less than hlth/chg" & "equipped")
What I've noticed with the freezing scenario is that one of the swords on the ground is the original three stacked and the other the originally stolen one cleared. However if you look at your equipped icon on the bottom of the screen or equipped icon on the bottom of the your journal the sword still has the stolen tag while the listing of weapons does not show any of the weapons dropped(because you dropped them). Also your character's image in the journal will have the weapon in his hand but will have the stance as if he is just bare fisted. . .Ahriman 20:12, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
Please help me add an internal link on "Shivering:Ring of Disrobing" in "Permanent Effects from Quest Items" section. Thanks you all. --Aflyhorse 14:47, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
Frostcrag Spire Glitch
I dont know if this was already posted, but if you go towards the trees in the bruma test area you will find some houses. You can only enter one and its titled "Grants Farmhouse Interior test" and if you keep going, you can find Leyawiin, but you cannot enter from what I've seen so far. Lucien LachanceDB 03:28, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
Some duplication glitch
I stumbled upon a duplication glitch not mentioned here. I do not know what caused it, other than that I took from ground a weapon that an enemy had dropped while dying, then gave the weapon to the corpse of the said enemy and suddenly he had two copies of it with one of them marked as equipped. Can anyone explain the mechanism behind this and whether it can be systematically exploited somehow?
- This is a neat little glitch! It's similar to the Stacking Weapons glitch, and my friend and I use it all the time. We call it "deadsmithing." It doesn't duplicate, but repairs and recharges!
- When you place a weapon into a dead NPC's inventory, for some reason it equips the weapon. Take a weapon that's been used so it's below 100%, place it in the dead body's inventory, then exit out. When you see the item appear on the body, go back into the inventory. You should see 2 weapons equipped: the damaged weapon and a second copy that's 100%. DON'T TRY TO TAKE BOTH! (see below) Take the good one and exit. Now you have a perfect, fully charged weapon! Great if your Armorer skill is still too low to repair magic items!
- Also, it doesn't show up as a repaired weapon (stacking separately), so it can be cloned with the scroll duplication glitch.
- A few things to note, though:
- 1.It only works on NPC's who were killed with a weapon equipped or in hand; enemies, guards, etc.
- 2.It only works with 1 weapon at a time. Don't try stacks or several different types at once.
- 3.Sometimes it only works with the weapon the dead NPC was carrying. This is most common with magic weapons. Can't figure out why, because there doesn't seem to be a formula. In one game you can use it with any dead bodies lying around, another with only the owner. Free-floating glitch, perhaps?
- 4.Do NOT do anything else while still in the dead NPC's inventory, like try to take both weapons, or switch them around. Not only will this CRASH THE GAME, but will sometimes CORRUPT YOUR SAVE, forcing you to use an earlier one!
- I have tested this on two different XBOX 360s, GOTY, both with and without updates and add-ons.--Sleighr (talk) 15:24, 13 February 2015 (GMT)
mother is nice
If you get to the last part of the dark brother hood quset line you will get the better blade of woo and if you geting out of covcien whith the night mother then she gives antor blade of woo that is also enchated — Unsigned comment by King of kavach (talk • contribs) at 18:45 on 2 January 2012
- This sounds like the known bug already listed on the Honor Thy Mother page. – Robin Hood↝talk 19:03, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
Daedric Lava Whiskey glitch.
I'm surprised no one on here's mentioned this glitch yet: If you have the Wizard's Tower plug-in active, drink the Lava Whiskey, which will spawn a Dremora Markynaz to your side. If you duplicate the Whiskey, you can summon as many Dremora Markynaz as you wish at one time, and perform the following glitch:
Once you have drunk as many bottles of Lava Whiskey as you want (or can), you can make the summoned Dremora permanent by saving the game while the Dremora are all out, un-installing the Wizard's Tower plug-in, and re-loading the game. The timer should disappear, and the summoned Dremora will still follow you around without vanishing. Now here's the real kicker: If you fast travel away from where you executed the glitch, and then return, the Dremora will all become permanent NPCs! They will wander around the area, their "Summoned" status is completely eliminated, and you can even interact with them like any other NPC. This can be done anywhere in Cyrodiil, and even in the Shivering Isles.
Unfortunately, the newly-created Dremora NPCs are highly aggressive towards anyone that didn't drink the bottles that first spawned them. For example, if an NPC or an essential creature were to drink the Whiskey, the Dremora would not attack them if you choose to execute the glitch on their Dremora. You may create as many permanent Dremora NPCs as you wish by reinstalling the plug-in (after you save the game while the Dremora are in their "permanent" state, of course!) and performing the glitch again and again in the area you most desire.
Unlike the Golden Saints and Dark Seducers created by their own permanent summon glitch, these Dremora are truly permanent; They won't disappear if you're away from their cell for more than three days. Plus, if you performed the aforementioned glitch to produce Saints and Seducers in the area occupied by your Dremora, the Dremora will leave them alone, and even share the room with them without resistance. The same applies vice-versa. Unfortunately, the Saints and Seducers created from the permanent summon glitch aren't truly as permanent as the Dremora created from the Lava Whiskey glitch (they disappear if you're away for more then three days), so don't bother grouping them together if you don't plan to stick around for long.
This should perhaps open up a new window of opportunity for roleplaying, for anyone who would be interested in such ideas as Daedric citizens living in Cyrodiil, having a private army, etc.
NOTE: This has only been confirmed for the Xbox 360 version, though the PC might work just as well. If you would like me to place a URL of a video showing this glitch in effect, I will gladly place the link here. And I can tell you it works, since I've performed the glitch countless times.
PS: The same thing works with the Summon Bear spell provided by the Spell Tomes plug-in. 188.8.131.52 22:11, 25 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the report. I Googled it, and you're not the only one to report it, so I've moved the description of it to the article with a few changes in wording. – Robin Hood↝talk 07:12, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
Glitch through interior boundaries, via Self-Paralysis/Damage Fatigue Spells. (Xbox 360)
It is possible to shoot your character through interior doors and walls without using the PC's Console commands.
1: Equip a spell with a Self-inflicted Paralyze or Damage Fatigue effect.
2: Run towards a door that leads into an interior cell.
3: Cast the spell just as you reach the door. If you use a Damage Fatigue Spell, make sure your Fatigue is low enough for the spell to reduce your fatigue to zero.
4: As soon as the spell takes effect, activate the door.
5: As you as transported to the next cell, repeatedly tap the right analog stick while leaning on the left analog stick. Give your character a head-start by beginning to tap on the loading screen.
If you have succeeded, your character will have shot straight out of the Map, and into a dark void. You can move your character though the void by drawing/sheathing your weapon multiple times while moving with the left analog stick. You can use this glitch to bypass locked portions of the cell.
Please note that is is possible you might get stuck on a tight corner. If this happens, try performing the glitch again, but activate the door from a different angle.
But do not attempt this glitch with a door to an exterior cell, as this may cause the game to freeze.
This has been demonstrated on the Xbox 360. Bauglir100 00:16, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
Unlimited Money (better than dorian)
Upon completing the quest "vampire cure", Janus hassildor gives you a $10,000 reward. You can get the reward reapetedly by choosing the "reward" option over and over. I made 1.5 million gold in about two minutes, but this may be fixed by a patch. Larrbear184.108.40.206 20:21, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
Instructions on Easy Pickpocket Glitch w/ 100% Chameleon
In a study of using two glitches at once it is noticed that upon casting the right effect to stun the target while using 100% chameleon enchanted gear (paralyze on touch used) for berefting the victim of carried possessions without getting arrested(yes, the gray cowl of Nocturnal helps, too), time and again whoever it is "flees" and their pockets couldn't be picked. To combine glitches of immobilize pickpocket and 100% chameleon, find a victim, ready the chosen spell, enable sneak, fling the spell, and before it hits open their pocket and keep taking items even if you're caught (works best on a console or with a controller). It is possible to pick their pocket while they are in "flee" mode as long as you keep opening their pockets or, if you do it to someone sleeping, going through dialog messages. Once you can take everything, the pickpocket a fleeing person trick and the immobilize pickpocket glitch worked. Works best upon someone sleeping in their owned bed, but bad to do this to a sitting person on a backed chair and facing them. Garnu the Green (talk) 10:19, 9 November 2012 (GMT)
Voluntarily trigger "jailtime followers" glitch
I have discovered a way to deliberately trigger the glitch that causes NPCs to appear outside prison when the player is arrested.
- 1: Create a custom Command Humanoid spell.
- 2: Go to an interior cell containing the NPC of your choice.
- 3: Cast the spell on the NPC in question.
- 4: Quickly leave the cell before the effect wears off, making sure that the NPC does not follow you through.
- 5: Fast-travel to a city, commit a crime, allow yourself to be arrested by a Guard, and pay the fine.
If you follow these steps correctly, the NPC will appear with you when you are outside the city's prison. This is confirmed for the Xbox 360 version, but I'm not sure about the PS3 or PC.
On a personal note, I've used this glitch to pull NPCs from the Kvatch Oblivion World, the Shivering Isles, and various dungeons into Cyrodiil's towns. I've even used this glitch to bring all of the Forgotten Ones in Anga to Bruma, where they then sneak around the castle's courtyard, as opposed to simply walking back to Anga.
This is also probably a good method for players to get certain NPCs into their Roleplaying scenarios without using Console commands or the Construction Set. But I'm not sure if this glitch will ever work on Creatures, but feel free to give it a shot.
Please note though: Some NPCs that you perform the glitch upon will just attempt to venture back to their original location if it is in their AI package, unless you have a way to keep them in a controlled area that they won't be able to exit on their own. For example, if you pull NPCs from the Shivering Isles into Cyrodiil, they'll just hang around the Cyrodiil side of the Strange Door for the rest of the game, trying to activate the gateway.
No effects on duped Cowl?
On the glitches page, I saw the following: " Examples include the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, which will not turn you into the Gray Fox, and the Crusader's Relics, which can be worn regardless of Infamy (however wearing them will not grant you the powers and abilities that the originals do)." This needs to be made clearer since I Corruption duped the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal on my PS3 GOTY Edition, and the duped Cowl does have the Feather and Detect Life enchantments of the original. Sheogorath. 220.127.116.11 09:39, 1 February 2013 (GMT)
- What this means is, the script effects of the grey cowl(having infamy and bounty set)don't apply to a duplicated grey cowl. Nor are infamous characters kept from equipping duplicated crusader's relics. I believe the entry mentions scripts and not magic effects already. 18.104.22.168 20:44, 23 February 2014
Not allowed to duplicate boar meat using scrolls
Glitch when transferring bound armor to mage follower
When you transfer a bound item to a mage follower, they don't appear to immediately equip it, and it appears to vanish after a time(possibly when they summon their own bound armor.) This affects dissimilar bound items too, the items were all enchanted. 22.214.171.124
infinite leveling early
This was done on Xbox 360 with all patches. Have a save that you wish to level... and a save from a character that is ready to level up. Sleep with the character ready to level up and as the timer countdown is going hit pause... load the save you wish to level and upon loading the character will have the level up attribute choice screen... the only problem is that your skills don't go up but you can always just go pay a trainer each level. This allows you to get all attributes to 100 and your character level in the hundreds or more as early as desired or to top off any remaining attributes not at 100.
Engage in conversation with any NPC, regardless of Aggression.
1: Use a spell or wear enough enchanted items to net yourself 100% Chameleon.
2: Use a Command Humanoid spell that is strong enough to effect the NPC in question. For increased effectiveness, use a spell that is Level 25 while wearing no armor so that effectiveness will be 100%, allowing it to effect NPCs of a level higher than 25.
3: Wait for the spell to wear off. Attempt to converse with the hostile NPC. This will cause them to draw their weapon and look around for you. Wait for them put their weapons away, then try again. They will draw their weapon again before holstering it again a second later. Repeatedly try this again and again while casting a strong enough Calm spell on them, either when they holster the weapon or when they draw it again.
If you do this correctly, the spell will prevent them from being hostile and allow you to engage in conversation with them. And unlike with Charm spells, you can actually raise their Disposition towards you manually, via the Persuasion mini-game or a bribe (unless the option is disabled for that particular NPC like with Golden Saints/Dark Seducers). I can confirm this works on the Xbox 360 version, and it can be done with Bandits, Marauders, Vampires, and even Dremora. Plus any other NPC that is hostile. Bauglir100 (talk) 23:03, 18 December 2014 (GMT)
A few mistakes
1) In Frostcraig Glitch: "Note that if you are using the Gray Cowl's Feather effect to carry the stones, the Fame you receive will go to your Gray Fox persona, and not your character." I am pretty sure that it applies only if you are wearing cowl while Sigil Stone is activated, you can put on cowl afterwards 2) In Permanent Bound Items: "you can swing a bound claymore as fast as you can" Maybe last "can" should be replaced with "want"?
In Oblivion (and L.A. Noire), NPCs are capable of opening locked doors that require a key without a key and ones the player cannot interact with. Both video games incorporate the Havok physics engine. Possible glitch? DRAGON GUARD(TALK) 09:31, 2 November 2015 (UTC)
- More like working as intended, at least for Oblivion. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the physics engine either. —Legoless (talk) 00:44, 9 November 2015 (UTC)
- Peruse this discussion. I would upload a video of it occuring in gameplay for both games, but I'm not sure what the maximum length is for videos. The NPC programming—do you suppose it could be a failsafe to ensure they can reach other NPCs if necessary? DRAGON GUARD(TALK) 17:18, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
- Here's a video if found of it happening in L.A. Noire. DRAGON GUARD(TALK) 22:50, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
Wrong Warp / Save Warp
This glitch was discovered a while ago by BubblesDelFuego and the Oblivion speedrunning community. I'm not super good at editing wikis, so I figured I would add it here to the discussion page and let someone else add it in.
Pulling off this glitch is easy. It has the potential to mess a lot of stuff up, but also adds the potential for a lot of interesting exploits. It is probably not something people will find normally.
1. Activate a load door and open the game menu (Esc) at the same time. If done correctly, you will hear the door audio and the menu will pop up.
2. Load a save game.
3. The character from the save game you JUST loaded will load through the door you activated in step 1.
- Certainly interesting. I have a few questions: 1. Does this only work on PC, or is it also possible on the consoles? 2. What sort of thing would be possible with this exploit; early access to the arcane university? Access to otherwise unobtainable weapons and items? 3. What sort of errors can this cause? Are they gamebreaking? How can these errors be avoided? --MetaCthulhu (talk) 01:34, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
- 1. I have not tested it on console. It is possible that it works. I can borrow a 360 disc and test it this weekend. I do not have access to a PS3 copy, but I may be able to ask a friend to test it for me.
- 2. It depends. A lot of the testing was only done for things relevant to a speedrun, so it is mainly used to go back to places that we've already been (example: it's faster to WW to the inside of Cloud Ruler Temple rather than Fast Travel there and run up the steps). If I remember correctly, it only "holds onto" the activation of the door, as in, if the door is unlocked on Step 1, but locked on the game loaded in Step 2, nothing happens. I could be incorrect on this. This most likely means no early Arcane University, as most of those are scripted to be locked, but I suppose it's possible if there is an unlocked door inside one of the buildings. More testing needs to be done for "casual" benefits. Note: the glitch doesn't require that the same character is used for the warps; you can have a super old character that has locations unlocked and use that to help warp a newer character; we just don't allow that for valid speedruns.
- 3. There are some glitches that could be potentially gamebreaking. You might be able to warp to an interior and be trapped, because under normal circumstances you wouldn't be allowed to be there (could be solved using more warping or the console). You might be able to trigger a quest trigger earlier than you should be able to, potentially breaking a quest. Also, some interiors need to be reloaded to correctly function; Cloud Ruler Temple is one, as is the devdoor to the endgame Temple of the One (we load into an interior NEXT to the buggy one in CRT; Temple of the One, it's completely black, but the door is directly behind where you load in, so you can leave easily). A lot a lot a lot of this is untested.
- Yimmeryams (talk) 21:27, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
Sneak critical damage multiplier
I discovered this glitch on the PC. If you are sneaking and fire an arrow at somebody, and then quickly open your menu and unequip your bow before the arrow hits the target, you'll get a 6x damage marker instead of the normal 3x. I guess it checks what you have equipped after the target is hit. 126.96.36.199 03:19, 5 June 2016 (UTC)
- It is notable that this only works if your target is far away. If you try to do it too quickly, you will get the error about not being able to switch weapons while attacking. 188.8.131.52 03:25, 5 June 2016 (UTC)
Permanent Effects from Quest Items bug fixed by UOP?
It was pointed out to me that the Oblivion:Exploitable_Glitches#Permanent_Effects_from_Quest_Items section has the "Fixed by UOP" tag at the bottom of it. I question the accuracy of this claim though because I just looked at the scripts of the relevant quests and dialogue topics and I can see no indication that the UOP does anything to fix this bug. The root of this problem is that the script commands "RemoveAllItems" and "GoToJail" are bugged such that they don't account for the fact that quest items can be equipped and don't get removed from the player's inventory. The only way you could fix this bug is by either patching the buggy script commands in Oblivion.exe (which the UOP does not do) or add a workaround to the scripts using these commands. I created a mod with these workarounds years ago and the UOP would need something similar to fix this. Again, I see no evidence of these workarounds being present.
"Equipping Items That Have Been Removed From Your Inventory"
I tried it with Umbra (hotkeyed it to 1, gave it to Clavicus Vile) but it doesn't work (the item disappears and doesn't come back by hitting 1). What gives? --Sandbox (talk) 21:41, 13 October 2016 (UTC)
- It does not restore items taken from you in that sense, it means items that are still technically in your possession but not visible in your equipment screen. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 02:02, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
- I don't understand. Does that mean items have a flag that, when toggled on, makes them invisible inside the inventory? And that that flag is toggled on for all items during Through A Nightmare, Darkly, for example? In that case, I think that section requires some rewriting. It literally says "removed from your inventory", which I guess isn't the true at a technical level--correct me if wrong. --Sandbox (talk) 10:21, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
- I can't say what the correct technical process is, but it acts exactly like that. Items "removed" during these quests are in effect simply invisible in your inventory but crucially still there, while items delivered for quests are removed entirely from your inventory, from your possession, and often removed from the game by scripts. As you are on PC you have the option of using the console to spawn another Umbra after the quest, though that may be a cheat too far. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 18:15, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, well. I'm underlevelling, and I don't have any problem with a reasonable usage of glitches, but using the console is indeed going too far. Thanks for your input, anyway. An Akaviri Katana enchanted with the buggy Sigil Stone of 15 points of shock damage is going to be good enough I guess :-) --Sandbox (talk) 18:25, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
It is possible to duplicate Umbra using pickpocket duplication. If you use disintegrate weapon it will NOT work, because damaged weapons will not duplicate, however, if you enchant a bow with 100 pts Drain Speed you can shoot her so she gets some arrows, reverse pickpocket a Bound Bow, jump up on a pillar, make her aggressive, wait until she draws the Bound Bow, then shoot her with your 100pts Drain Speed bow, hit her with paralyze spell and finally do the pickpocket duplication glitch on Umbra. --184.108.40.206 18:33, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
Walking through walls
In speedruns it's common to use a technique which allows the player to walk through walls; this is done by saving, quit to main menu and continue last save. In the loading screen holds W or forward analog stick to move a little extra forward, before the world loads. With this you can obtain inaccessible items such as Grommok's Blade. --220.127.116.11 18:46, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
Permanent effects variation: ceaseless Invisibility or Chameleon when loading a save in that state
Is anyone else getting permanent Invisibility or Chameleon when saving your game while in either of those states, then reloading that save? This has happened to me several times; the effect persists after it should have expired, and cannot be dispelled (which can break the game - people won't talk to you if invisible, and you can have NPC problems even if you have more than a weak Chameleon effect going on, aside from the fact that it can also be difficult or impossible to tell if you have a weapon drawn, because your hands and what they're holding go translucent to transparent, though this may depend on what shader you are using). I ended up just reloading an older save and redoing stuff, being sure to let the effects expire (or to remove CE items causing them) before saving.
Example: I had to redo Sanguine's and quest because of this; after using Chameleon to avoid getting bounties, and walk out of the castle unarrested, I saved after leaving the castle, then my game crashed after I fast travelled back to his shrine. Upon reloading the save, I was stuck in chameleon mode. I thought that was nifty, and proceed to Sanguine's quest, but couldn't do it, because the guy who'se supposed to attack me with the Cursed Mace couldn't see me.
In my case, I basically can't use any item that causes Chameleon as a CE, except temporarily, or it screws up my saves. One thing I have not tried yet is using the Console to remove the magic effect by ID number; I'm not sure if that will work. I'm not even sure this is "real" Invisibility or Chameleon, in the usual in-game sense, or just loss of visibility of the PC's model.
— Darklocq ☎ ¢ 16:35, 18 May 2018 (UTC)