Oblivion talk:Dunbarrow Cove (place)
- 1 My crew
- 2 Something I noticed...
- 3 A Problematic Door
- 4 Another Door
- 5 Expert Trainers?
- 6 moved.
- 7 Khafiz Glitch
- 8 Wrong bug?
- 9 Another Bug?
- 10 Gray Fox Poster
- 11 Stuck in The Black Flag
- 12 Safe Containers and weird container
- 13 Training Chest
- 14 Sigil Stones for Sale?!
- 15 Something that has always confused me.
- 16 A CHEATING TIP For 100% LOOTING!
- 17 Door to Castle Anvil
- 18 Weight Altering Glitch? (Kinda long)
Is it normal for them to find me absolutely revolting? They all have 5/6 disposition towards me, while I've never even done a thing to them. Is this normal? Or is it because of my mods?
- No, I've only ever seen them adore me. (Gadianzero 16:40, 31 May 2009 (EDT))
Something I noticed...
I was watching my girlfriend play and after she entered the cove she didn't just go through the next door to the pirate ship she went up top and looked through the barrels and crates. I had originally thought they were nothing but junk so never ended up looking up there. But she found a skill book called "The Locked Room" which increased her security. --Militarysmoker 06:22, 30 May 2009 (EDT)
- The contents of Smuggler's Cave are covered at the Smuggler's Cave article. --NepheleTalk 13:45, 30 May 2009 (EDT)
A Problematic Door
I wasn't sure if I should add this to the article or not, but for me the first secret door you come across after going into the 'dining' hall doesn't seem to want to open. I can't even see the little hand symbol that tells you there is something there to activate. It does seem that when I randomly move about the symbol appears occasionally when the crosshairs cross the bar, but to activate it I have to be rapidly pressing the A button. This problem doesn't occur when the door is open. well aint that a turkey samich 15:44, 3 June 2009 (EDT) [I still have no Idea why it says that instead of my name *sigh*]
- I'm having that same problem. I can only open it from the little storeroom in the dining hall, not from inside the secret passage. 188.8.131.52 18:05, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
- I find that you have to aim slightly in front of the activator to be able to pull it. Legoless 18:10, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
I found that if you stand the correct distance away from the lever (which is the left-hand one, for reference) it works fine. But you have to be facing it and be about a metre away from it, no closer and no farther. At least that's the case for me, anyway.
- Sounds like a glitch to me. That shouldn't be happening. --Mr. Oblivion(T-C) 22:57, 18 June 2009 (EDT)
- I've noticed the same problem. The door is labelled "Wooden Door to Dagon Shrine" when moused over from the outside, from the inside it is correctly labelled "Wooden Door to Dunbarrow Cove." I don't have many mods installed. Certainly no overhauls or large mods, and I DO have the all the UOPs installed inc. the mods patch. Muzher 04:54, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
I was wondering why all of the trainers here are flagged as having an Expert Trainer skill? Is it just because they can train you up to level 75 instead of only 70? — Unsigned comment by BlackYoshi (talk • contribs) on 19 October 2009
- What do you mean with flagged? The trainers do train you up to level 75 instead of 70, which I believe is unusual compared to all other advanced trainers. --Timenn-<talk> 13:55, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
* Dunbarrow Cove is a reference to Dunharrow from Middle Earth. i just moved this because it seems unlikely, verifacation please--GUM!!! 14:25, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- From Wikipedia- "Dunharrow was a clifftop overlooking Harrowdale..." Given that, as well as other information gathered about Dunharrow from a quick Internet search, I think it is safe to say this is simply a case of similar sounding names with no real relation. --Darkle ~ Talk 09:00, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
I'm not sure whether or not this is just me, but on the Xbox 360 version of the game, trading with Khafiz can make your game crash when you try to leave the cave. (And sometimes when you pause the game.) Anyone know a fix? ~Fox
- I can't say as I've ever had this happen to me, and I can't think offhand what could cause this on the console. Perhaps try clearing your cache or re-downloading the plug-in? Maybe even picking up from an earlier save? --Darkle ~ Talk 08:54, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- I can confirm this bug. Somewhere in Dunbarrow Cove I picked up 3 oranges, when I sell those to Khafiz, the game freezes on my Xbox 360 when I try to save or exit the cavern. I'm not sure if it's solely caused by the oranges, but every attempt to sell just the oranges to Khafiz produces the same results. --184.108.40.206 01:44, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
It says on the page that Jak Silver only sells lockpicks if your mercantile is less then 50 but mine is 14 and he sells more then just lockpicks and I'm playing on the xbox.--Raleka 08:56, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, that was wrong. He should also sell potions below level 50. Of course, if you have the UOMP installed, he'll sell everything anyway. Thanks for pointing it out. rpeh •T•C•E• 09:11, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
Whenever I leave Dunbarrow Cove through the Royal Quarters exit of the secret passage, the Countess' Bodyguard starts to attack and eventually kill the Count (This is after completion of the Thieves Guild quests) if they are in the room when I enter. This is on the Xbox version. This happen to anyone else? 220.127.116.11 18:11, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
Gray Fox Poster
Is the Gray Fox poster already present in the Captain's Cabin without the upgrade? If yes, then isn't it a bit strange that while the entire cave was inaccessible for centuries, there's Hieronymus Lex's autograph on the poster? - ZuTheSkunk 15:17, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
Stuck in The Black Flag
Right after clearing out the Red Sabre Skeletons, I entered the empty Black Flag just to get a quick peek, and when I used the first "Trap Door to The Black Flag", I was spawned in the lower deck, but there weren't any useable trap doors to get back up. That is, I saw two things that looked like trap doors in two different places, one going up, and one on the floor going down, but when I place the reticule over them I don't get an action cursor or an Item Label or anything. Even if I bring up the console and click on them, there's no name in the quotation marks right before the object ID. Predcon 08:06, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
- Do you have the UOMP? It moved around some of the Black Flag, which might mess up the load doors if you've already been inside before installing. Since you have access to the console, use the 'coc' command. You can read about it here. Legoless 11:28, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
- Found the problem. The "Unofficial Oblivion Patch Hotfix v321" merges the "DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp" into it, and so I had to disable the the separate SSSB.esp file. After that, the ladders and trap doors came back. Predcon 02:31, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
Safe Containers and weird container
I believe only barrels reset in the cove. The only boxes/crates that did reset were the ones next to the security training chest, holding up another chest (that does not reset as well). Concerning that chest next to the security training one, could someone look up the mechanics of that chest? I accidentally stumbled upon something weird. Usually chests/crates/barrels in dungeons or any place really are set when you walk into the zone right? Yet, I keep on reloading right next to the chest, and it is a little different each time. I'm going to assume I never looked at the chest before, because a chest that changes its contents after you open it just seems absurd, especially if it doesn't reset. Actually it seems more complicated to reproduce, I reload a different save, load the main one, and the contents of the chest will be different. I'm going to bed, but if no one can help me with this or has an explanation, I'm going to try this on chests in dungeons. dtm 12:24, 24 March 2011 (UTC)
Edit: I should also note that all the other containers near the chest were fixed, despite loading same or different saves, yet only the chest changed contents. dtm 12:28, 24 March 2011 (UTC)
Is this a glitch the traing chest wont open it just sends me to the lockpicking screen
is that meant to happen or is it a glitch
- No, it's not a glitch. It's what makes the training chest useful. You can practice your lockpicking skills on it an unlimited number of times and it will never unlock. Legoless 20:27, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
Sigil Stones for Sale?!
I bought the upgrade for a supplier (Jak Silver), I went into the section of the Black Flag where he is located, and I was looking through the items that appear after the supplier upgrade is purchased when I noticed a faint but familiar noise: the Sigil Stone hum. I obviously thought I was hearing things but I stopped and listened and it was unmistakably the sound that a Sigil Stone makes if you drop one from your inventory. Believe me, I know the sound well (I've used the old arrow multiplication glitch to fill rooms with them). I looked everywhere but couldn't find an actual Sigil Stone. I noticed that the sound is centered about on the chest full of silver, if you move away from it the sound gets fainter, and it doesn't appear in any of the other levels of the Black Flag. I have no idea what's up, it's probably a really weird glitch and not an easter egg. I searched the wiki and found no mention of this. It's actually kind of hard to hear over the in-game music, even with the music turned down, so maybe it's always there but no one else has heard it. So can anyone else out there confirm this or offer some sort of explanation? -CoolJoe 18.104.22.168 08:02, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
- Yup, it's a known bug. The cell was a re-used sigil room, and the devs forgot to delete the noise. I'm surprised by the wiki's lack of coverage, actually. The UOMP fixes it, if you're on the PC and it's bugging you. Legoless 16:23, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
Something that has always confused me.
"In case you have not yet joined the Thieves Guild." This used to be on the page , I just don't see why it is worth going on the page after mentioning the poster of the Gray Fox. JackTurbo95 07:27, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
- I agree, although does the poster disapear if you join the Thieves Guild? If so, then it belongs on the page, otherwise I don't see any reason for the note being there.RIM 09:40, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
- No it does not disappear because I bought the plug-in , then the next day joined the Thieves Guild and got to Guildmaster , went back and the poster is there. Not notable I think. JackTurbo95 09:45, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I agree not really worth mentioning. Good observation!RIM 09:47, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
- Coming back from a break and I spot things like that :3 I've just been doing EVERYTHING on Oblivion lately. JackTurbo95 10:12, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
A CHEATING TIP For 100% LOOTING!
Hello! Some of you may know this all ready after having discovered it via your own curiosity merit. So this is for those who haven't done so yet and play the game via PC. If you are in the Captain's Quarters, use the Console Command, "TCL" and clip through the hull of the ship and loot the crates and barrels visible through the cabin's portholes as well as get the cup off of the plank by the door. I discovered this when I went chasing after items like beer bottles that would fall through the ground or the decks. These containers also reset like the usual ones, so they can be looted again and again. Happy looting! Leo Star Dragon 1 01:08, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
Door to Castle Anvil
I have not read about this problem anywhere yet, but the door from the cave to the castle will not open... Yes, I have the key... But from the castle to the cave works fine... ??? 22.214.171.124 22:18, 27 November 2012 (GMT)
Weight Altering Glitch? (Kinda long)
Ok so, here's the goings on. I sold some stuff to the fence and trained my Mercantile. I went into my private quarters to store all my stuff except things that would increase my encumbrance, because Im going back to a cave to scavenge all the stuff I couldnt carry.
So I had three points of weight being carried out of 490 and I put on a base Ring of Feather (25 pts), the Gray Cowl, and a Mind and Body Ring (fortify str 8 pts). But I noticed something was wrong, with all of those things on, I hadnt even gone from 490 to 590. The Ring of Feather was only increasing my encumbrance by 3 pts, the Cowl by less than 50, and the last ring by only a few points as well. I started freaking out.
So I loaded to the last save (which was right before I did the trading and training) and put on the Cowl. It increased my encumbrance by 200. Awesome. I went through the same process, and even though this time the Cowl raised me by 180 pts, the others were the same and this still isnt good. So now Ive loaded back to the previous save again and I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. This has NEVER happened before until now and I honestly havnt done anything different. For the last few irl hours Ive been looting caves, selling to the fence, and training my Mercantile. — Unsigned comment by Earl of Edgar13 (talk • contribs) at 18:07 on 1 August 2013