Oblivion talk:Defense of Bruma
|Archive 1: February 2008 to October 2009|
- 1 kajitt?
- 2 Odd bug - Naked Soldiers
- 3 OK, Serious Bug
- 4 Battle won't start
- 5 Bug: Jauffre attacks you
- 6 weird dark brotherhood thing
- 7 Reverse-pickpocketing Martin early
- 8 Added note
- 9 Explicit vs General statements of strategy
- 10 Weird glitch? (360)
- 11 Ulrich has too many glitches
- 12 martins armor
- 13 Adoring Fan
- 14 Staff of Sheogorath
- 15 Combat ceases after you enter the Great Gate?
- 16 Burd getting Sacked by the Bruma Guards
- 17 Stop Disappearing Bodies?
- 18 Ulrich won't leave
- 19 Note about Martin not showing up at the battle
ok so i was about to start the war and that khajitt from bravil started fighting the deadra she killed about three or four of them but sadly she died anyone else experiance this? — Unsigned comment by Thedrunknord (talk • contribs) on 31 January 2010
- Her AI was set to Castle Bruma instead of Castle Bravil, assuming you are referring to Dro'Nahrahe, of course. It's not really a big deal, she usually dies in the wilderness anyway. SDarktimesX5 10:06, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
Odd bug - Naked Soldiers
I'm not sure what I did to cause this, or why it happened, but when I leave the temple to go walk out to the Oblivion Gate, the Volunteers from other towns are lined up outside of the gates and half of them are wearing normal clothes, two of them nothing at all, and only a handful are wearing any armor or wielding any weapons. I don't think it's because I did the fight at night and am using the Open Cities plug-in... - 22.214.171.124 02:39, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
OK, Serious Bug
Well, I didn't know wether to put this here or on the Mage Apprentice page, but during the fight of Bruma I brought two mages apprentices in, and they both died. But it has been about three weeks in-game and they both have not respawned at the University. I don't know why they aren't respawning only after this battle, Because I tested it and killed a Mage Apprentice and he respawned a couple days later, as usual. I even saw both bodies after the battle. This has also been reported on the Dark Brotherhood Murderer talk page. What is the cause of this, and how can it be fixed?--Arch-Mage MattTalk 16:53, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
- What's really odd is a Battlehorn-Men-At-Arms died and respawned as normal. I need this apprentice because she's the two apprentice glitch person... and she hasn't respawned, along with another guy. Maybe... are bodies disabled at the battle of Bruma to reduce lagging, and their bodies were disabled?--Arch-Mage MattTalk 15:36, 22 April 2010 (UTC)
Battle won't start
We arrive at the battlefield. Martin gives his pep talk, then.... nothing. it's like the quest script isn't even running. I'm running a crap-load of mods and OBSE, but I've disabled most of the mods to no avail. Is there any fix anyone knows of, or console commands I can use to just kinda "cheat" past this part? --Darkheart 17:46, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
A little late but you can hack in to the console and type in setstage how ever many stages you need to pass the frozen part this will probably work but no garuntee --Thedrunknord 02:40, 5 November 2010 (UTC)
Bug: Jauffre attacks you
If you wait a while before the battle and then speak to the countess to let the battle start, Jauffre randomly tries to kill you.You cannot seem to reason with him. However when I talked to him beforehand he seemed pretty happy and his disposition was maxed. When I ran outside the temple I seemed the whole population of Bruma wanted to kill Jauffre and stop him from attacking me. However Martin, the countess and her retinue carried on with no notice. I got this bug on the Xbox 360. Can anyone expain this?
weird dark brotherhood thing
i stationed my dark brotherhood murderer with all the troops from bruma and then the murderur started talking with some of the soldiers but then i go to bravil to get something from my house and then i see the girl darkbrotherhood murderur talking with my khajiit dark brotherhood murderur she traveled all the way to bruma just to talk to him???--Thedrunknord 17:49, 8 November 2010 (UTC)
Reverse-pickpocketing Martin early
I'm on the Xbox, & did Miscarcand before the associated quest, & therefore will be facing the associated glitch when I get around to doing this quest. I currently have Martin as a follower, & don't plan to pick up the main quest again for some time (perhaps at level 15--I'm currently level 8). My question is: If I reverse-pickpocket permanent bound items on Martin NOW, before taking him to Weynon Priory, will he still have them when I do Defense of Bruma? Cheers--126.96.36.199 19:54, 12 February 2011 (UTC)
Should we add that not joining the blades before this quest and having Jauffre die makes it impossible to join? It is mentioned elsewhere, but this quest is one of the ones where he is more likely to die, so I would have no problem with an addition about joining before this quest. Thoughts?--Catmaniac66 17:18, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- It's like saying "If a quest giver dies, the quest can no longer be completed." It is mentioned that he can die, and that he allows you to join the Blades. It would be common sense that if he is dead you can no longer join. --DKong27 Talk Cont 17:38, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
Explicit vs General statements of strategy
Use spells on them. (I suppose this might be helpful to total idiots.)
Use Command Spells on them so they fight among themselves and you don't injure your allies. (This is getting better.)
Use a Command Creature to level 20 for 2 seconds on target in 10 feet when a group Daedra first emerges from a gate, because the spell causes them to fight among themselves at the gate far away from your allies while never being harmful if later cast among your allies. (Very specific with a rationale.)
So which level of detail for a strategy do we want to offer here?
By the way, most often 'effect' is a noun, 'affect' is a verb, and only verbs have gerunds so 'affecting' is correct here. The use of 'effect' as a verb means: to complete. The use of affect as a noun (in psychology) means: visible emotional behavior.
Kalevala 22:43, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
Weird glitch? (360)
Ok, here's what's happening.
After Martin tells me to go inform the Countess I do it. Problem is, Martin, Jauffre, and Baurus aren't in the Chapel. They've left Bruma through the North Gate. When I pass through town (alone) no one cheers and the troops don't follow to battle. When I get there, no one is present. Fixes? Oblivion nerd 22:14, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
- Edit: So, I followed Martin and co. and they return to Cloud Ruler Temple. When I fast travelled back to Bruma, they were present. Oblivion nerd 22:17, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
Ulrich has too many glitches
I went to start the quest everyone was in line except ulrich who started to walk toward chedynhal.When I talked to him it showed the regular "were gonna show those deadra a thing or two arent we sir?" but his voice wouldnt work.Can anyone explain this?(Timedragon1 22:28, 24 May 2011 (UTC))
is it possible to reverse pickpocket bound armor onto martin to get his empror armor (sorry for spelling)
Okay, so I told the Adoring fan to wait while I closed the gate, he stayed there for the battle, but he was gone after I entered the gate. He hasn't respawned yet. Any help?
- I don't know when this was posted, but he could have ran away from the Daedra, since he chooses to run away rather than fight. If you have already found him, then I guess there is no point in posting this. Lucien LachanceDB 06:44, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
Staff of Sheogorath
I'm not sure whether you're allowed to mention Shivering: things in an Oblivion: article but I think that if the Crusader's Relics get a mention then this definitely deserves one. Just freeze all the Daedra that come out of the gates and keep them frozen until the Great Gate opens and you've completed the quest with no casualties. Far easier than any of the strategies currently in the article. 188.8.131.52 23:55, 12 October 2011 (UTC)
Combat ceases after you enter the Great Gate?
It has been raised on the Forums, that it is possible for NPCs to continue to die after the PC has entered the Great Gate. One user claims to have tested this and to have come to the conclusion that "Daedra stop Spawning" once the PC enters the Great Gate, rather than the combat ceasing completely. Of course more verification may need to be made, but if this is the case, this article should be reviewed. --OblivionDuruza 10:20, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
- NPCs can die, but Martin can't. The script that runs when you activate the Great Gate calls the SCAOnActor for Martin, which stops anything from attacking him. See the details here. rpeh •T•C•E• 10:27, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
- I'd guessed as much, thank you for the clarification and the correction of the article. I'll take this info back to the forums. Again, thank you. --OblivionDuruza 06:57, 25 October 2011 (UTC)
Burd getting Sacked by the Bruma Guards
After closing the Great Gate, when Burd tries to re enter the city, all the "Bruma" Guards starts attacking him which then causes other guards from other cities to attack, some of those attacks "Friendly Fires" which just causes so much unnecessary riot that kills almost everyone other than the essentials. It was funny to watch but I honestly didn't want anyone to die e_E.
- He could have struck a friendly by mistake, which would give him an assault charge, resulting in the other guards attacking him. Its a pretty common occurrence in larger battles like that. Especially in that battle, where the soldiers all huddle together in groups. The only thing to do is reload and hope he doesn't hit another guy again. ESQuestion?•Email•Contribs 18:52, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
Stop Disappearing Bodies?
Is there a way to stop bodies disappearing or increase the time it takes? (INI settings, mods, etc) --184.108.40.206 23:04, 20 January 2013 (GMT)
Ulrich won't leave
I can't get Ulrich Leland to leave Chedrinhal please help
Note about Martin not showing up at the battle
I know the bug is listed on the page, but I just thought I'd mention that if you talked to Martin at the chapel and he didn't show up for the battle, it may be because you left Bruma too quickly and he was unloaded. I was able to go back to Bruma and find him still walking from the chapel, after which he arrived at the battle and it started correctly. So in some cases a command may not be necessary to fix this. -- 220.127.116.11 09:46, 6 October 2017 (UTC)