|Location||Skingrad Mages Guild|
|Available||9am-12pm, 2pm-6pm, 8pm-2am every day|
|Faction(s)||Skingrad Citizen; Guild for Mages (Evoker )|
He lives a relatively simple existence, eating lunch from midday to 2pm and dinner from 6pm to 8pm, and sleeping in his room in the Living Quarters from 2am to 9am. He spends the rest of the day wandering around the Guild building.
He wears the standard mage's robe and a pair of green velvet shoes, and carries a small amount of gold. In combat he relies on a silver shortsword and on a large set of basic Apprentice-level spells from all of the magical schools. These are the same spells that you can buy cheaply from him, since his Mercantile is a mere 16. He will always be available for training when not eating or sleeping.
The first time you meet him, he will politely introduce himself: "I'm Sulinus Vassinus of the Mages Guild, and I'm so pleased to make your acquaintance." If you are not in the Guild, he will strongly recommend that you join: "The guild has quite a few connections, and it always helps to know the right people, wouldn't you say? You should think about joining." After you have joined, he will give you some information on the services provided in the Skingrad Mages Guild: "Have you met Adrienne Berene, our Skingrad Mages Guild head? Not the most pleasant person, I'll admit. Don't mind her. Interested in training? I do the Conjuration courses, and Druja does the Mysticism." He will also drop in a word or two about higher level training: "The guild can provide you with some training, but the best trainers are usually very hard to find."
People on the streets of Skingrad will often talk about the local conjurer. When asked for rumors or during private conversations, they will say: "If you're looking to learn a bit about Conjuration, Sulinus Vassinus is a good person to talk to." and "I saw Sulinus Vassinus at the Mages Guild conjure up some sort of creature, right there in the street. Guards took care of it." Their replies, however, often reflects a disrespect for conjuration: "All that conjuring gives me the creeps. There are plenty of scary things in this world without bringing more around." and "I don't want to learn how to conjure things. I want to learn how to get rid of things."
- He was initially supposed to provide another method of completing the Skingrad Recommendation quest. For a fee of 300 gold, Sulinus would go to Bleak Flats Cave, kill the zombies and return to the Guild Hall with Erthor in tow. He still possesses the AI packages for this option, but the dialogue that would set it in motion can never be obtained, as the script requires his disposition with the player to be both less than zero and greater than or equal to 70. Below is a list of the unused dialogue:
- "So you're supposed to go out and rescue Erthor, eh? I'd love to help out. I just don't quite feel comfortable doing that, though." (listen)
- "I hear Adrienne is sending you out to get Erthor. Is that right? Hmm. It's a pity you don't have the right sort of friends. Friends that would be willing to help out with a task like that." (listen)
- "I tell you what. I have some outstanding debts I need to pay off. You help me out with that, and I'll help you out with getting Erthor back. Heck, I'll even go do the job for you for 300 gold. When Erthor gets back, you can take the credit. What do you say?" (listen)
- "Okay then. I'll just take this gold from you, and I'll head out there right now. No one should even know I'm gone. In three days or so, Erthor should be back here, safe and sound. I'll fill him in - you just tell Adrienne that you did the work, and you'll be set. Pleasure doing business with you, friend!" (listen)
- "Oh. Are you sure? Well, think about it, and if you change your mind, let me know. I really do need some money, you see." (listen)
- "You'll be happy to know that Erthor is back in town. He knows to tell Adrienne that you're the one who rescued him. You should be able to tell her you've completed her little task. And let's just keep this little deal between us, shall we?" (listen)
- "He's back to his normal routine now, all safe and sound. Enjoy taking credit for the work." (listen)
He sells the following spells:
|Defend||Apprentice||43||Shield 15% for 30sec on Self|
|Ease Burden||Apprentice||35||Feather 50pts for 240sec on Self|
|Open Easy Lock||Apprentice||29||Open Easy Lock on Target|
|Summon Scamp||Apprentice||60||Summon Scamp for 20sec on Self|
|Corrode Armor*||Apprentice||48||Disintegrate Armor 30pts on Touch|
|Drain Skill: Illusion*||Apprentice||37||Drain Skill: Illusion 10pts for 20sec on Target|
|Drain Skill: Marksman*||Apprentice||37||Drain Skill: Marksman 10pts for 20sec on Target|
|Electric Touch||Apprentice||48||Shock Damage 25pts on Touch|
|Entropic Bolt*||Apprentice||34||Damage Health 10pts on Target|
|Flame Touch||Apprentice||46||Fire Damage 25pts on Touch|
|Flash Bolt||Apprentice||52||Fire Damage 20pts on Target|
|Frost Touch||Apprentice||45||Frost Damage 25pts on Touch|
|Hailstone*||Apprentice||51||Frost Damage 20pts on Target|
|Magicka Drain*||Apprentice||41||Drain Magicka 30pts for 30sec on Touch|
|Major Enervation*||Apprentice||31||Drain Fatigue 30pts for 15sec on Target|
|Major Wound||Apprentice||43||Drain Health 15pts for 10sec on Target|
|Sever Magicka**||Apprentice||28||Damage Magicka 30pts on Target|
|Shock*||Apprentice||54||Shock Damage 20pts on Target|
|Weakness to Fire||Apprentice||27||Weakness to Fire 25% for 30sec on Target|
|Weakness to Frost**||Apprentice||27||Weakness to Frost 25% for 30sec on Target|
|Weakness to Poison||Apprentice||27||Weakness to Poison 25% for 30sec on Target|
|Weakness to Shock**||Apprentice||27||Weakness to Shock 25% for 30sec on Target|
|Major Life Detection||Apprentice||30||Detect Life in 60ft for 20sec on Self|
|Remote Manipulation||Apprentice||28||Telekinesis 10ft for 20sec on Target|
|Soul Trap||Apprentice||60||Soul Trap for 20sec on Touch|
|Heal Major Wounds||Apprentice||61||Restore Health 25pts on Self|
* Indicates spells which cannot be purchased from anyone else, though spells with the same effects at different magnitudes can be purchased elsewhere.
** Indicates spells with effects which cannot be purchased anywhere else.
- The magicka cost for most purchasable spells matches the value you would calculate from the Spell Cost equation. In other words, if you were to create the same spell at the Spellmaking Altar, it would have the same magicka cost as the purchasable spell. There are a few exceptions. Spells that are a bad deal, i.e. more expensive than a custom spell, are in red; spells that are a good deal are in green. The magicka cost if you were to create a custom spell at the Spellmaking Altar is shown in parentheses.
- The magicka cost for spells is dependent upon your skill in the school (as modified by Luck, see Magic Overview). The provided baseline values are the magicka cost when your skill level is 33. For other skill levels the magicka cost can be determined from:
Cost * (1.4 - 0.012 * Skill)
- More powerful spells cost more to buy, have a higher skill requirement, and consume more Magicka.
- Level indicates what skill level you must reach (or surpass) in order to use a spell. Skill Level 0-24 = Novice, 25-49 = Apprentice, 50-74 = Journeyman, 75-99 = Expert, 100 = Master.
- The base cost in gold that you must pay to purchase a spell is always three times the current magicka cost of the spell, taking into account your character's skill level and Luck. (The actual cost you pay is further increased based on how well you haggle with the merchant.) Therefore, if you have any Fortify Skill or Fortify Luck spells/potions handy, you can get significantly better deals when purchasing spells.