|This page or parts of this page were previously transcluded from lore pages per this discussion.
This page should be checked for potential unrelated lore and other information. Please remove this banner when the page has been cleaned up.
|County Skingrad, in the West Weald
|Shops and Services|
|Guilds and Temples|
Skingrad is a large town located in the West Weald region of Colovia, to the southwest of the Imperial City, along the Gold Road. The town divides into three districts: the Castle, Hightown, and Chapel, with various gates and bridges connecting each district. The town is further divided in two parts: the north wall encompasses the business district and the guild halls, while the southern half holds homes and the Great Chapel of Julianos, where citizens and travelers can pray for healing. Outside of town is the castle of Janus Hassildor, count of Skingrad and wizard, who is reportedly a vampire, a fact known to and kept as a secret by the Mages Guild. The town is particularly famous for its wines, tomatoes, and cheeses, which contributes to its overall prosperity. Famous wine makers in Cyrodiil such as the Surilie brothers and Tamika reside here.
The Count refuses to see you until you start one of several quests that involves him. Outside the walls of Skingrad are the two best vineyards in all Cyrodiil, belonging to Tamika and the Surilie brothers. Skingrad is involved with the production of much of Cyrodiil's wine. The house available for purchase here, Rosethorn Hall, is located in northern Skingrad and is the largest and most expensive that you can buy.
The city also features a house filled with undead, a sealed house with an interesting party in it, and a necrophiliac alchemist. The Skingrad guards wear armor consisting of steel gauntlets, greaves, and boots, instead of the chainmail used by guards in other towns. Much like Anvil, Castle Skingrad is found outside the city walls, on a nearby hilltop overlooking the town.
Quests Starting Here
- Paranoia: Help a paranoid Wood Elf with his conspiracy woes.
- Seeking Your Roots: After discovering a peculiar plant called Nirnroot, you decide to investigate it further.
- Buying a house in Skingrad: Purchase Rosethorn Hall, a large manor house in Skingrad.
- Helping Hands: Hire a housekeeper for your manor in Skingrad.
- The Rosethorn Cache: Find the hidden treasure of a thief who lived 200 years ago.
- Ulterior Motives: Retrieve a book from the Count of Skingrad.
- Information at a Price: Travel to Skingrad to receive information from Count Hassildor... at a price.
- Lost Histories: Finish a job from which a guildmate has not returned.
- Vampire Cure: A long quest to gain the cure for vampirism.
- Whodunit?: Summitmist Manor; there were six on the night of last and then there were none... save one.
- Allies for Bruma: You are asked to bring in reinforcements for Bruma from the other towns.
- Unfinished Business: Travel to Skingrad to find out why Maglir has defaulted on a contract.