Oblivion: Memorial Cave
|# of Zones||1|
|1 boss-level Coffin|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Southeast of the Imperial City, on the mainland side of the lake|
- This cave contains 13 Cairn Bolete plants and 15 Wisp Stalk plants.
- If you decide to let Roland Jenseric live, Seridur will be found here during the related quest.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 14, 11
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Memorial Cave (editor name MemorialCaveMapMarker). The entrance door is S of the marker, 40 feet away.
- 0-1 Mud Crab is near the entrance
- 2 Nirnroots are at locations N on map
Zone 1: Memorial Cave
The primary use for this cave is as part of the quest "The Order of the Virtuous Blood", but Phintias of the First Edition gives a little extra background on the cave's history. There are two paths to take you deeper into the cave once you reach the first enemy. Going straight ahead leads to a few enemies and minor loot chests, while taking a left leads to the majority of enemies in the cave, but also to the dead captive (C) and boss chest (B). The small light blue dots on the map near (B) are ropes dangling from the ceiling with skulls attached. Seridur also appears near (B) if you decide to spare Roland during the aforementioned quest.
- 1 boss-level Coffin (Vampire variety) at location B on map
- 1 Key (does not open anything) at k
- 1 Chest 02
- 1 Chest 04
- 4 Coffins 01
- 1 Coffin 02
- The following weapons will always be found: 1 Silver Dagger
- The following plants will always be found: 13 Cairn Bolete plants and 15 Wisp Stalk plants
Doors and Gates:
- There is one door (at Out) in/out of this zone, leading outside
- 1 Dead Captive (10% chance enchanted jewelry) at location C on map
- The unnamed key at location k doesn't open anything.
- This issue has been addressed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch; it is renamed to "Memorial Cave Key" and opens the locks of the gate to the victim pen at location C, the boss-level coffin at location B, and a chest marked only by a green dot on the eastern side of the map.