|Location||Anvil Mages Guild|
|Available||8am-12pm, 3pm-9pm, 12am-1am every day|
|Faction(s)||Anvil Citizen; Guild for Mages (Evoker )|
Similarly to Guild head Carahil, he lives a relaxed existence, spending most of his free time reading the cheap text Brief History of the Empire, v 2. He does so every day, starting just after having woken up, from 8am until 9pm; taking a three hour break at midday to eat lunch. At 9pm he eats dinner for three hours, until midnight. At 1am he finally calls it a day and heads up to the living quarters for seven hours of sleep.
He wears a middle-class attire consisting of a burgundy linen shirt, burgundy linens, and a pair of thick cowhide shoes. He also carries a small amount of gold and his book. He doesn't wield any weapons, relying instead on a series of medium-high level Restoration spells, ranging from absorb skill, to fortify magicka, to absorb health. These are also the same spells that you can buy from him for a cheap price, since his Mercantile is a mere 7. He will always offer his services when not eating or sleeping.
When met for the first time, he'll tell you something about himself: "Marc Gulitte, Mages Guild Evoker, Advanced Instructor in the Arts of Destruction." If asked about the city, he'll give you some background information on the Anvil chapter: "Carahil inherited the Anvil Mages Guild chapter from Hannibal Traven, the. She runs a clean hall, just like Traven did." He is clearly pleased with Carahil as a guild leader and will tell you: "Carahil's a good leader. She's been a staunch supporter of the Council of Mages for as long as I've known her." If you haven't joined yet he'll encourage you to: "If you're applying to join the guild, you'll need to speak with one of the local guild heads. Carahil would be the one to talk to here."
As an advanced Destruction trainer, he can provide you with the reference needed to initiate the Destruction Master Training quest. Speak to him when your Destruction skill is 70 or higher and choose the training option, which will trigger the quest and the following dialogue: "If you want to learn more about training Destruction magic, you'll have to find Bralsa Andaren." Should you ask him again he will expand: "The only way you can learn more about Destruction magic now is to find Bralsa Andaren. She can train you better than anyone. Good luck finding her, though. The latest I heard was that she had wandered off into the wilderness, looking for a shrine to Kynareth."
The townsfolk of Anvil can be heard talking about how they hope the Guild will regulate the Destruction spells Marc is casting and how they can make you dangerously powerful: "Gulitte is a dangerous one. He teaches mages about the Destruction school of magic." and "Marc Gulitte knows more about how to cast a fireball than anyone in Anvil. I try to stay on his good side." Other citizens will simply reflect on the dangers of Destruction: "Those Destruction spells are dangerous. I hope the Mages Guild keeps a tight lid on that." and "Destruction spells can cause a lot of damage. Knowing enough could make you a dangerous person."
- Destruction Training: A Master of Destruction wants you to join her in challenging the gods to prove you deserve her training.
He sells the following spells:
|Absorb Skill: Alteration||Journeyman||67||Absorb Alteration 15pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Block*||Journeyman||67||Absorb Block 15pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Conjuration*||Journeyman||67||Absorb Conjuration 15pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Heavy Armor*||Journeyman||67||Absorb Heavy Armor 15pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Marksman*||Journeyman||67||Absorb Marksman 15pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Consume Health||Journeyman||74||Absorb Health 20pts on Touch|
|Fortify Magicka||Journeyman||69||Fortify Magicka 30 pts for 60sec on Self|
|Absorb Skill: Blade||Expert||193||Absorb Blade 25pts for 15sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Blunt*||Expert||193||Absorb Blunt 25pts for 15sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Destruction*||Expert||193||Absorb Destruction 25pts for 15sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Sneak||Expert||193||Absorb Sneak 25pts for 15sec on Touch|
|Devour Health||Expert||179||Absorb Health 40pts on Touch|
|Greater Fortify Health||Expert||158||Fortify Health 60pts for 60sec on Self|
|Greater Fortify Magicka||Expert||169||Fortify Magicka 60 pts for 60sec on Self|
* Indicates spells which cannot be purchased from anyone else, though spells with the same effects at different magnitudes can be purchased elsewhere.
- The magicka cost for most purchasable spells matches the value you would calculate from the Spell Cost equation. In other words, if you were to create the same spell at the Spellmaking Altar, it would have the same magicka cost as the purchasable spell. There are a few exceptions. Spells that are a bad deal, i.e. more expensive than a custom spell, are in red; spells that are a good deal are in green. The magicka cost if you were to create a custom spell at the Spellmaking Altar is shown in parentheses.
- The magicka cost for spells is dependent upon your skill in the school (as modified by Luck, see Magic Overview). The provided baseline values are the magicka cost when your skill level is 33. For other skill levels the magicka cost can be determined from:
Cost * (1.4 - 0.012 * Skill)
- More powerful spells cost more to buy, have a higher skill requirement, and consume more Magicka.
- Level indicates what skill level you must reach (or surpass) in order to use a spell. Skill Level 0-24 = Novice, 25-49 = Apprentice, 50-74 = Journeyman, 75-99 = Expert, 100 = Master.
- The base cost in gold that you must pay to purchase a spell is always three times the current magicka cost of the spell, taking into account your character's skill level and Luck. (The actual cost you pay is further increased based on how well you haggle with the merchant.) Therefore, if you have any Fortify Skill or Fortify Luck spells/potions handy, you can get significantly better deals when purchasing spells.