|# of Zones||2|
|1 The Path of Transcendence
1 Destruction Skill Book
|Console Location Code(s)|
|LeafrotCaveExterior, LeafrotCave, LeafrotCave02|
|Southeast of Peryite's Shrine, end of the Panther River|
- Affairs of a Wizard: The first Dead Drop contract at Hero Hill, to stop a necromancer from achieving immortality.
- You can enter and fully explore this cave without starting the related quest. However, Celedaen and his journal, The Path of Transcendence, will not appear unless the quest has been started.
- This cave contains 10 Wisp Stalk plants.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 43, -12
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Leafrot Cave (editor name LeafRotCaveMarker). The entrance door is NNE of the marker, 30 feet away.
- 1 Nirnroot is at location N on map
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 23 Foxglove plants, 14 Green Stain Cup plants, 2 Lady's Smock plants, 3 Monkshood plants, and 21 Summer Bolete plants
Zone 1: Leafrot Cave
If you are on the quest, the quest-related book The Path of Transcendence can be found on the table in the first room (at F on map). The only other treasure of interest, apart from an unusually high number of Novice Alchemy apparatus, is the Destruction skill book The Art of War Magic, on the bottom shelf of the right-hand bookshelf (G).
The corridors that depart from the southeast of this room mostly contain enemies. Be sure not to miss one of the chests, hidden from view by a large stone, in the long corridor just to the right that ends in a rockfall.
There are two options for accessing the second zone: door C or door D. Door C can only be used if you unlock the leveled lock on door H. However, it's not necessarily worth the trouble of unlocking door H: the two extra rooms to which you gain access only contain a Skeleton corpse and a minor loot chest.
- 1 The Path of Transcendence at location F on map (only present if you have started related quest).
- 1 Destruction Skill Book: The Art of War Magic at G
- 1 Chest 02
- 1 Chest 03
- 1 Coffin 01
- 1 Coffin 01
- The following alchemy equipment will always be found: 3 Novice Alembics, 1 Novice Calcinator, 2 Novice Mortar & Pestles, and 6 Novice Retorts
- The following plants will always be found: 5 Wisp Stalk plants
- Some of the above items are clustered at the following locations:
- At F: 1 Novice Alembic, 1 Novice Calcinator, 1 Novice Mortar & Pestle, 2 Novice Retorts, and 1 The Path of Transcendence
- At G: 1 Novice Mortar & Pestle, 3 Novice Retorts, and 1 Destruction Skill Book: The Art of War Magic
Doors and Gates:
- There are three doors in/out of this zone
- 1 Wood Door at H (locked)
- 1 bedroll at location b on map
Zone 2: Leafrot Hollow
You can enter this zone using either door C or door D; however, only door D can be used to return to the first zone. Door C leads to an upper level room; you can drop through a hole in the floor (covered by two rotten planks, T) to get from the upper level room to the rest of the zone.
Unless you are on the related quest, this zone will not contain any enemies. It will always however contain three minor loot chests.
- Celedaen (non-respawning) at location Q on map (only present if you have started related quest)
- 2 Rotten Plank traps at location T on map
Doors and Gates:
- There are two doors (at C and D) in/out of this zone, both leading to the zone Leafrot Cave