Oblivion:Knights of the Nine NPCs
Knights of the Nine
At different points, people will arrive at the Priory of the Nine to join.
- Areldur, from the Chapel of Stendarr in Chorrol, is found reading and wants to join the Knights of the Nine.
- Brothers Geimund & Gukimir are found sparring in the practice room and request to become Knights of the Nine.
- Sir Thedret, who has escaped from Fort Bulwark, is found in the dining room and requests to become a Knight of the Nine.
- Sergius Turrianus is found in the basement. He says he heard from his friend, Sir Thedret, that you would need a blacksmith. He will not join you in combat.
- Avita Vesnia, from the shrine to Kynareth, is found in the sleeping area and asks to become a Knight of the Nine.
- Lathon, a companion of Sir Roderic, is found in the entrance. He reveals some plot points, and requests to become a Knight of the Nine.
- Brellin appears in the chapel and requests to become a Knight of the Nine.
- Carodus Oholin, from the Chapel of Zenithar in Leyawiin, is found in the dining room and asks to become a Knight of the Nine.
If any of these knights die during the final quest or after Knights of the Nine has been completed, the named knight is replaced by an anonymous "Knight of the Nine". These knights are not as powerful as the named ones and do not cast magic.
After the questline is complete, you can ask any of your Knights to follow you, one at a time. There is a known bug caused by asking a knight to follow you before they have actually joined the faction; see the bugs section for details.
- It is possible for one of the Knights of the Nine to be stuck permanently following your character if you ask them to follow you at the wrong point in time. Since the knights subject to this bug will also be essential when the bug is triggered, it is impossible to ever get rid of them. The bug occurs if you do the following:
- Complete the entire quest line (up to the point where Umaril is killed) without recruiting all nine knights.
- During Sir Thedret's speech at the end of the Umaril the Unfeathered quest, you approach an unrecruited knight, and at that time simultaneously recruit the knight and ask him to follow you.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches.
- To avoid this problem, be sure to recruit the knights either before or after Thedret's speech, and do not ask a knight to follow you immediately after recruiting them.
- On PC and PlayStation 3, if you have not done the Molag Bal Daedric quest, then you can simply complete that quest while the knight is following you and they will disappear.
- On Xbox 360, one option is to disable the entire Knights of the Nine download, load your saved game and re-save it, then re-enable the download. Before doing this, make sure to remove any items stored in the Priory or other locations added by KotN. You will lose all items added by KotN, and you will need to redo the KotN questline from the start.