- Upon installing the download you receive a note informing you of a new barding service run by Snak gra-Bura. A free set of horse armor is offered to anyone bearing the note.
- Travel to Chestnut Handy Stables and speak to Snak gra-Bura
- Choose between Elven or Steel armor for your horse. You'll receive a free Old Nag with Steel armor if you don't own a horse.
After installing the download, you will receive a note informing you of the launch of a new barding service run by Snak gra-Bura of the Chestnut Handy Stables. To help promote the new service, the bearer of the note is entitled to one free set of horse armor. Travel to the stables with a horse and speak to Snak gra-Bura. She will offer a choice of Elven or Steel horse armor. Alternatively, travel to the stables without a horse and Snak gra-Bura will outfit her Old Nag with Steel armor and give it to you free of charge.
Each subsequent set of horse armor costs 500 gold, and a horse with armor may be oufitted with a different set for the same price.
- Resurrecting horses works perfectly as long as you don't want to get your horse armored after that. The dialogue with Snak gra-Bura works fine at first but then a message pops up saying that "Your horse is too far away to be armored." Buying a different horse and then buying the resurrected horse again gets around this.
- While it is indeed possible to apply armor to Shadowmere, once armored she is in danger of vanishing from the game world. In this scenario, she will not reappear at Fort Farragut (normally, if Shadowmere wanders off, one can find her at the Fort—but not if she's armored). See Shadowmere's page for details and possible solutions.
- When you install the Horse Armor Pack, a set of Horse Armor Plans is added to a new chest that appears in Cursed Mine Lower Galleries. The plans are an incomplete book that does not have an inventory icon and contains only one line:
- I'm a set of plans. Go to the Chestnut Handy stables.
- The plans do not do anything and are not referenced by any scripts. It seems these plans were part of an early idea to implement this quest, but the developers then forgot to remove them once they finalized it. For those on the PC who wish to remove this item via the console, its item ID is
xx0016C6. It can also be removed by uninstalling the download, resaving your game, then reinstalling the download and loading your save game. This will remove all items added by the download; however, any armored horse you already own will be removed from the game as well.
|Horse Armor (DLCHorseArmor)
||I've discovered a notice from Snak gra-Bura of the Chestnut Handy stables. She is offering to outfit a horse with armor at no charge to anyone who presents her with a note like the one that I've found. I should bring my horse to her and take advantage of this offer.
||Snak gra-Bura armored my horse for free. From now on, she will outfit any legally owned horse that I bring to her with Steel or Elven armor for 500 gold.
||Although I had no horse, Snak gra-Bura outfitted her old nag with steel armor and gave it to me free of charge. From now on, she will outfit any legally owned horse that I bring to her with Steel or Elven armor for 500 gold.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage DLCHorseArmor stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.