|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Master Aryon in the Upper Tower in Tel Vos for chores.
- Learn the three basic wizard spells: Levitate, Recall and Fire Damage.
- Return to Aryon to complete the quest.
Councilor Aryon in the Upper Tower of Tel Vos will ask you to learn the three basic wizard spells: Levitate, Recall and Fire Damage. Aryon says he will accept Levitate, Great Levitate, and Wild Levitate, and for fire damage, he will suggest Fireball, Greater Fireball, and Fire Storm. Custom spells are not acceptable.
If you already know these spells, the quest should be quite easy. If not, the spells can be bought from merchants listed in the spell pages. Urtiso Faryon and Arielle Phiencel sell Fire Storm and Wild Levitate respectively and are both in Sadrith Mora. They offer easy access to two of the three spells you need.
Return to Aryon once you have learned the spells to complete the quest and receive the Destruction skill book; The Art of War Magic as a reward.
- The spells are checked when Aryon gives the greeting asking if you have the spells (or when he asks if you have the Hortator votes). Anything that prevents the "correct" greeting will prevent the game from checking if you have the spells. Fixing this is easy; just fix whatever causes the "bad" greeting (cure a disease, pay off a bounty, etc).
- For the fire damage and levitate spells, only the ones suggested by Aryon will work. Recall only comes in one spell.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Wizard Spells (HT_WizardSpells)
||Master Aryon insists that I learn the basic wizard spells.
||I demonstrated to Master Aryon that I know the rudimentary wizard spells.