Morrowind:Vassir-Didanat Ebony Mine
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Rediscover the Vassir-Didanat Cave south of Balmora by simply entering the cave.
- This opens a dialogue option with three House Hlaalu councilors.
- Choose who you'd like to speak to and claim your reward.
Rather than beginning with a particular person, this quest actually begins at a location. You can find the Vassir-Didanat Cave to the south of Balmora on the other side of the river. If you have done the Fighters Guild quest to eliminate the egg poachers from Shulk Egg Mine, you may have seen the bridge across the river just to the south of the egg mine.
Cross the bridge and keep going east, and you should see the cave on the hillside. The cave was actually a former ebony mine that was lost after one of the miners apparently summoned a Daedra that killed everybody inside the mine. Once you enter the cave, you've essentially 'rediscovered' it and open up the dialogue option Vassir-Didanat Mine with three Hlaalu councilors. Of course, feel free to take any ebony that you like for a good amount of gold as they're 200 gold each. However, even though you will still be able to take it after the completion of the quest (as no guards will appear in the mine), you might rather want to leave it if you are not strong enough to face the atronachs inside.
You can reveal the location to one of the following:
- Nevena Ules (Ules Manor near Suran), who will not give you anything.
- Velanda Omani (Omani Manor east of Vivec, St. Olms Canton), who will offer you 2,000 gold.
- Dram Bero (The Haunted Manor in the Plaza of St. Olms), who will offer you a choice of Daedric weapons: a katana, a bow, a staff, a wakizashi, a spear or a battleaxe, depending on which weapon skill you tell him you prefer.
Be aware that you cannot collect more than one reward. Once you have revealed the location of the mine to one of the councilors, the others will only express disappointment that you did not speak with them first. This means that if you reveal the location to Nevena Ules, you will receive nothing for your efforts.
You may also report it to Crassius Curio in Vivec's Hlaalu canton and to Serjo Avon Oran in Suran. Both will advise you to speak to either Dram Bero or Velanda Omani; neither will mention Nevena Ules.
- Lower level characters should be careful as the cave may be home to an atronach or two, along with rats which may or may not be diseased and/or blighted.
- All you have to do is enter and exit the cave, making it an easy way to receive a Daedric weapon early on.
- There are multiple lockpicks at the bottom of a small, round table in St. Olms Haunted Manor that you may use to open the locked door to get to Dram Bero.
- If you go to Dram Bero: the bow and the battle axe are very rare compared to the others, which could make either of them a good choice.
- There is no direct journal entry for entering the mine, but it should give you the conversation topic.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Vassir-Didanat Ebony Mine (MS_VassirDidanat)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|100||Velanda Omani gave me 2000 gold for telling her the location of Vassir-Didanat.|
|110||Dram Bero rewarded me for telling him the location of Vassir-Didanat.|
|120||Nevena Ules promised me great riches for telling her the location of the Vassir-Didanat mine.|