|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Chat with Edwinna Elbert about duties and Chimarvamidium.
- Travel to Vivec and obtain the book from Sirilonwe's room.
- Return to Edwinna with the book to complete the quest.
It seems that Edwinna Elbert at the Ald'ruhn Guild of Mages now wishes, with your assistance, to acquire a book, Chimarvamidium, from a fellow Mages Guild member in Vivec. Chimarvamidium is the sixth volume of Marobar Sul's Ancient Tales of the Dwemer. Evidently Sirilonwe of the Vivec branch has acquired a copy of the book and Edwinna wants you to 'borrow' the book and bring it to her. She warns you that if you are caught stealing you will be expelled from the Guild. Edwinna also provides you with two Scrolls of Ondusi's Unhinging, to use if needed.
Grab your local Guild Guide and head to the Guild of Mages in Vivec. If you haven't been there before, Sirilonwe's quarters can be found down the hall to your left as you leave the Guild Guide teleporter in Vivec (go left, then right). Sirilonwe keeps the copy of the book in a locked chest in her unlocked closet. If you open the locked chest with the closet door closed, you won't get caught. The key to the chest containing the book is on the table sitting next to a locked small chest. Take the book, and head back to Ald'ruhn.
Edwinna's happy once again
Upon returning to Ald'ruhn, give the book to Edwinna and you are rewarded with a 10 point increase in Disposition with her, as well as a 5 point increase in Faction Reputation.
- The Vivec Guild of Mages is the only guaranteed location of the book in Morrowind, although other copies can be found as random loot.
- If you wish to get a free point in Heavy Armor, read the book prior to relinquishing it to Edwinna.
- If you have lost the scrolls or want to keep them, Sirilonwe sells the spell Ondusi's Open Door, which unlocks a 50-point point lock on touch.
- If you have already looted the room and misplaced the book, you will have to find where you disposed of it.
- Alternatively, use the console command
player->AddItem "bookskill_heavy armor3" 1 to give yourself the book.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Steal Chimarvamidium (MG_StealBook)
||Edwinna asked me to steal the book Chimarvamidium from the Mages Guild in Vivec.
||I returned the book Chimarvamidium to Edwinna. She promised to return the book to me later.