|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Felisa Ulessen in the Telvanni Council House in Sadrith Mora for chores.
- Travel to Abebaal Egg Mine to end a slave revolt.
- Either kill the slaves' leader, the Argonian Eleedal-Lei,
- Or find the slave key and free him.
- Return to Felisa to complete the quest.
Felisa Ulessen in the Telvanni Council House in Sadrith Mora will ask you to stop the rebellion of slaves in the Abebaal Egg Mine, northwest of Tel Branora.
Stop the Slave Rebellion
Once inside the mine, the rebellious slaves will direct you towards their leader, the Argonian Eleedal-Lei. You can talk to him about the rebellion, in which case he will explain that Therana keeps demanding more and more eggs despite the fact that the mine is empty. He is also shocked by the fact that she just uses them to decorate her tower, rather than eating them. Regardless of whether you hear him out or not, you have only two options. You can kill Eleedal-Lei, in which case you will have to fight your way through the rest of the slaves in order to leave the mine. Alternatively, you can find his slave key and free him. There are three copies of the key, each in a different location: on Therana, on a table in Lower Tel Branora, or in a container in the mine near the Kwama Queen. If you choose to free him, he tells you he will free the rest of the slaves and organize their escape to Black Marsh.
Return to Felisa to complete the quest. If you killed Eleedal-Lei, you'll receive a Ring of Fire Storm. If you also killed the rest of the slaves, you'll receive a Ring of Toxic Cloud as well. If you freed Eleedal-Lei instead, you'll receive two Command spells. No matter how you complete the quest, you will always receive the reputation bonuses.
- This quest can be started and completed at any time simply by entering the Abebaal Egg Mine and speaking to the rebelling slaves; you do not need to be in House Telvanni or any Great House to do so.
- Although this is a low-level quest, the Ring of Toxic Cloud is extremely powerful: it can kill a Golden Saint with a single shot.
- You cannot free any of the other slaves yourself. If you try, they will insist that you talk to Eleedal-Lei, who will want you to free him first and give him the key. You can pick up his slave bracer from the floor, but you can't unlock the others. However, the next time you enter the mine, the rest of the slave bracers will be in a little pile just inside the door.
- Freeing the slaves will increase your freed slaves counter by 10 despite there only being 6 slaves in the mine.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Slave Rebellion (HT_SlaveRebellion)
||Mouth Felisa Ulessen asked me to put down a slave rebellion the [sic] Abebaal Egg Mine which is northwest of Tel Branora.
||I agreed to free Eleedal-Lei. I need to find the key to his slave bracers.
||I freed Eleedal-Lei in the Abebaal Egg Mine. He will free the other slaves and guide them back to Black Marsh.
||Mouth Felisa Ulessen thanked me for stopping the slave revolt.
||I told Mouth Felisa Ulessen that the slaves were no longer in the Abebaal Egg Mine.