|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Chat with General Darius about Orders and Madura Seran.
- (Optional) Travel to Ald Velothi to find out more information on the missing pilgrim.
- Locate Aidanat Camp, south of Ald Velothi, and chat with Abassel Asserbassalit about releasing Madura Seran.
- Take care of things and secure Madura's release. Escort her back to Ald Velothi.
- Return to Darius to complete the quest.
A Kidnapped Pilgrim
General Darius at Madach Tradehouse in Gnisis will ask you to rescue a kidnapped Temple pilgrim named Madura Seran. The Ashlander outcasts are holding her hostage at a camp south of Ald Velothi.
Off to Ald Velothi (optional)
Travel to Ald Velothi, which lies north of Gnisis, and ask around about Madura to find out more information on the location of the camp in question. Aidanat Camp, which lies southwest of Ald Velothi, turns out to be the camp in question, and you are instructed that the camp is on the hill, past a lighted tree.
Find the Outcast Ashlander Camp
Travel to the camp and you'll encounter two Dunmer, Kund Assarnibani and Rawia Ashirbibi, staying just outside the only yurt at the camp. They will instruct you to speak to their leader inside.
Secure the release of Madura Seran
Enter the yurt of Abassel Asserbassalit, and you will see Abassel and Madura Seran inside. You can persuade Abassel to let Madura go (if his disposition is 60 or above); however, he will demand a fee of 500 gold. You can pay the fee or just kill Abassel and his two lackeys. All three will attack on sight if you try to lead Madura away without paying.
Lead Madura back to the safety of Ald Velothi for an increase in reputation, then return to Darius for his congratulations.
- You do not have to be a member of the Imperial Legion to receive the Reputation awards from this quest. If you ask the Ald Velothi townsfolk about their town, they will tell you about Madura being kidnapped. You receive the reputation rewards once you have led her to the Ald Velothi Outpost, so it is not necessary to report to Darius. Doing so will earn you a journal entry that he thanked you, and his Disposition will go up, for what that's worth.
- If you mention Madura Seran to the locals after rescuing her, you receive a 5 point increase in disposition if it is not already above 50.
- Queststage 30 as listed on this page (and inside the CS) can never be obtained ingame (as it is not added as a journal update like noted here) and said NPC (Asha-Ammu) does not even have the dialog to talk about the Madura Seran in the first place. This does not affect the quest.
- Saving Madura before the quest is given blocks earlier General Darius legion quests, unless they are already given.
- You can talk to people in Ald Velothi and go looking for Madura Seran - even talk to her and her kidnappers - but if you want to receive the first two quests given by General Darius don't pay the ransom and don't bring her to Ald Velothi before you have done them.
- After bringing Madura Seran to Ald Velothi there is some chaos in Darius dialogue options. The topic 'orders' treats the quest as if you rescued her on your own and shows the next quest, but you can't start it yet. Use the topic 'Madura Seran' to set the index to 100 (or 200, if she is dead). Then look (again) at orders. You need IL_RescuePilgrim to be >= 100 to bring up the 'Ragash gra-Shuzgub' topic.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Rescue Madura Seran (IL_RescuePilgrim)
||Darius asked me to rescue a pilgrim from an outcast Ashlander camp outside of Ald Velothi. The pilgrim's name is Madura Seran.
||Asha-Ammu told me that Madura Seran is being held hostage at a camp north of Gnisis, just south of Ald Velothi. Asha-Ammu said that I might avoid a fight if I pay a ransom for Medura Seran.
||The ashlanders agreed to let Madura Seran go after I paid them a ransom.
||I agreed to escort Madura Seran to the Ald Velothi Outpost.
||Madura Seran arrived safely at the Ald Velothi Outpost.
||Darius thanked me for rescuing Madura Seran.
||I told Darius that the pilgrim Madura Seran was dead.