|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Tuls Valen in the Ald'ruhn Tribunal Temple for your duties.
- Travel to Maar Gan to perform a pilgrimage to the shrine.
- Activate the large Magic Rock to learn that it was there where Vivec taunted Mehrunes Dagon to throw the rock at him rather than the people.
- Taunt the Dremora standing near the rock to get him to attack you and activate the rock again to receive a blessing.
- Return to Tuls to complete the quest.
Tuls Valen in the Ald'ruhn Tribunal Temple asks you to demonstrate your faith and perform a pilgrimage to the shrine in Maar Gan, north of Ald'ruhn.
Pilgrimage to Maar Gan
Grab a silt strider up to Maar Gan and enter the shrine in the east end of town. Activate the large Magic Rock just inside the entrance to learn that it was here where Vivec taunted Mehrunes Dagon to throw the rock at him rather than the people. According to Tuls you are supposed to mimic this event... somehow. Though you cannot appear to find out what to do from anyone, you must talk to Anhaedra, the Dremora standing near the rock and taunt him (through dialogue). Once you get him to attack you (you don't have to kill him) activate the rock again to receive a blessing of Fortify Speechcraft and Personality 10 pts for 48 min (you may need to activate the shrine several times). To get him to stop attacking you, simply leave the shrine and then come back.
Return to Tuls for your reward of the book Death Blow of Abernanit, which increases your Block skill.
- If you speak to Tralas Rendas about Blessings, he will cast Maar Gan's Blessing on you, granting you Restore Health 30-50pts for 1sec, Fortify Attack 25pts for 30secs, and Sanctuary 75pts for 30secs. This makes the fight with Anhaedra even easier.
- It is possible to finish this quest before even getting it by simply making the pilgrimage to Maar Gan. Doing so however, will skip the earlier two quests from Tuls Valen, unless your rank is below Disciple.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Pilgrimage to Maar Gan (TT_MaarGan)
||Tuls Valen wants me to make the Pilgrimage to Maar Gan. I should go to the temple shrine in Maar Gan and read the plaque describing Vivec's taunting of Mehrunes Dagon.
||I taunted the Dremora at the shrine of Maar Gan and he attacked me.
||I completed the pilgrimage to the shrine of Maar Gan.
||Tuls Valen praised my handling of the Dremora Anhaedra.
||Tuls Valen has no more duties for me. He said I should seek Uvoo Llaren in Ghostgate or Endryn Llethan in Vivec.