- "Luminous russula is a squat, mottled-brown-and-green toadstool mushroom of the Bitter Coast region with modest magical properties."
Luminous Russula is a common fungus that grows in great numbers in the Bitter Coast region, as well as in some caves and mines. True to its name, these mushrooms give off a glow which can be seen from a good distance in the dark. The live plants actually illuminate the area around them, though harvested samples can still be placed on the ground as markers in dark areas.
Another good use for Luminous Russula is as a quick source of air when swimming for long distances. Water Breathing is its first effect, which means you do not need to make a potion to benefit from it. Simply eating a Luminous Russula raw will instantly refill your breath meter, allowing you to continue swimming for a long time without drowning.
Luminous Russula is one of only two ingredients in vanilla Morrowind which can be used to create Poison potions (not counting the rare Poison), the other ingredient being Violet Coprinus. The Tribunal expansion adds three other ingredients with a Poison effect.
The following vendors carry a restocking supply:
- Anis Seloth (10) - Anis Seloth's shop, Sadrith Mora
- Ernand Thierry (5) - Guild of Mages, Caldera
- Jolda (10) - Jolda: Apothecary, Tel Mora
- Peragon (5) - Moonmoth Legion Fort
Greatest number of mushrooms: