|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Eydis Fire-Eye in the Balmora Guild of Fighters about orders and debt money.
- Visit Helviane Desele in Suran and ask about debt money.
- Collect the debt money.
- Return to Eydis Fire-Eye for more orders, payment, and possible advancement.
Eydis Fire-Eye in the Balmora Guild of Fighters asks you to collect 200 gold of debt money from Helviane Desele, who runs a cornerclub in Suran (northeast of Vivec). She apparently owes a client of the Guild, Manos Othreleth on the Dren Plantation.
Collecting the Debt
Helviane is found behind the counter at Desele's House of Earthly Delights in Suran, and at first refuses to pay the debt money. If you raise her Disposition high enough (75), she will eventually agree to pay and give you the money. Otherwise, kill her and loot the money from her corpse.
Once you have the debt money, return to Eydis for an increase in faction reputation, and half the debt, 100 gold.
- If you talk to Percius Mercius in Ald'ruhn about this quest, he has doubts whether this contract is legitimate or not and suggests that you pay the debt money yourself.
- If you mention it to Manos Othreleth, he will thank you for your work, but won't provide any additional reward.
- You can kill Othreleth without repercussions, sell his armor (and keep that nice sword of his), and then follow Percius Mercius' advice to pay the debt money yourself with what you've earned from selling the armor, without actually having to spend any of your money. This makes it a bit of a paradox, however - you're killing the person that the money is supposed to go to, so that you can get the money owed to that person.
- If you have the Morrowind Patch installed, you will not receive this quest if you complete the Thieves Guild Bitter Cup quest prior to receiving this quest from Eydis, much as The Code Book is skipped.
- If you have already spoken to Percius Mercius about Lirielle's Debt, the subject of "debt money" will trigger his response to that quest, not Desele's Debt, making it impossible to get the conversation where Percius doubts whether the contract is legitimate.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Desele's Debt (FG_DeseleDebt)
||Eydis Fire-Eye told me that Helviane Desele in Suran owes Manos Othreleth 200 gold. I must get this debt money from Desele and return it to Eydis Fire-Eye.
||Percius Mercius suggested that I pay the debt money myself.
||Desele agreed to pay the debt.
||Eydis Fire-Eye gave me my share of the debt money.