|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Baladas Demnevanni at Arvs-Drelen in Gnisis for chores.
- Travel to the Dwemer village of Bthungthumz to retrieve the Ring of Dahrk Mezalf.
- Get the ring from Mezalf's corpse.
- Return to Baladas to complete the quest.
Once you reach the rank of Mouth, Baladas Demnevanni at Arvs-Drelen in Gnisis will ask you to find an ancient summoning ring belonging to Dahrk Mezalf who worked as a smith under the great Dwemer inventor Kagrenac (whom you may have heard of already). Baladas believes that the ring can be found in the Dwemer village of Bthungthumz.
Bthungthumz is located northwest of Maar Gan and southwest of the Urshilaku Camp. The ruins inside are quite small and you should quickly find Mezalf's Spirit haunting the place.
Return to Baladas with the ring for a reward of a Shock Centurion guard (unless you killed it before) and a Ring of Lightning Storm. The guard will follow you around for the rest of the game, or until its death.
- Other than Ascended Sleepers, Golden Saints (including Staada), and the demi-gods Vivec and Almalexia, Dahrk Mezalf has the only other soul powerful enough to create a Constant Effect enchantment.
- It is probably a good idea not to do this quest, and go kill Dahrk Mezalf for his ring on your own. The shock centurion following you around everywhere is more aggravating than useful, and you can find rings of lightning storm in generic loot. Dahrk Mezalf's ring is a unique and potentially useful enchanted object.
- Although Demnevanni states that Dahrk Mezalf's ring is a summoning ring, it actually has no summoning enchantments to speak of; only the ability to demoralize humanoids and creatures and disintegrate weapons and armor.
- If the Dwemer Shock Centurion is alive, you receive +20 disposition with Baladas. If dead, you receive only +15.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Dahrk Mezalf (HT_DahrkMezalf)
||Baladas Demnevanni asked me to bring him one of Dahrk Mezalf's summoning rings. Dahrk Mezalf was one of Kagrenac's smiths, sometimes called Mezalf Bthungthumz, and he may have lived in the colony of Bthungthumz which is somewhere between Maar Gan and the coast to the north.
||Baladas Demnevanni thanked me for bringing him Dahrk Mezalf's ring.