Morrowind: Buoyant Armiger
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- But before he could even get within sword-span of the monster, a trio of lower houses had trapped Horde Mountain in a net of doubtful doctrine. When they saw their lord, the Velothi cheered. 'We are happy to serve you and win!' they said. Vivec smiled at those brave souls around him and summoned celebration demons to cleave unto the victors. There was a great display of love and duty around the netted monster, and Vivec was at the center with a headdress made of mating bones. He laughed and told mystical jokes and made the heads of the three houses marry and become a new order. 'You shall forever be now my Buoyant Armigers,' he said. — Vivec
The Buoyant Armigers are a small military order of the Tribunal Temple, exclusively dedicated to and answering to Lord Vivec. The Buoyant Armigers pattern themselves on Vivec's heroic spirit of exploration and adventure, and seek to emulate his mastery of the varied arts of personal combat, chivalric courtesy, and subtle verse. They serve the Temple as champions and knights-errant, and are friendly rivals of the more solemn Ordinators. Many House Redoran serve in the order, as their ideals are closely related.
Main strongholds are located in Molag Mar and Ghostgate, bastions against the evil forces and blighted creatures of Dagoth Ur. Others track down Necromancers and bring them to justice. Rank-and-file Buoyant Armigers are often clad in the traditional Chitin armor of the Dunmer, while more prominent members sport the rich ornaments of Daedric and Glass armor.
Notable Buoyant Armigers
- Galdal Omayn, the Buoyant Armiger Grand Marshal in the Tower of Dusk at the Ghostgate,
- Birer Indaram, the Deputy Marshal, with two brothers (Tidros Indaram and Giras Indaram) who are also Buoyant Armigers,
- Salyn Sarethi, a Buoyant Armiger in feud with the Imperial Legion,
- Ulyne Henim, an inexperienced witchhunter currently tasked with clearing out a den of necromancers, and
- Galur Rithari, a Buoyant Armiger who was stationed at Bal Ur, known for being the only Dunmer to have been cured of Vampirism.
- Courtesy: Defend the Legion's honor from a Buoyant Armiger in Ghostgate.
- The Necromancer of Vas: Clean out a den of Necromancers far north in the Sheogorad Region.
- Armor Repair Debts: Try to collect money owed by a Buoyant Armiger in their stronghold in Molag Mar.
- Slay Dagoth Tanis: Kill this Dagoth at the bottom of the Falasmaryon Stronghold.
- Cleaver of St. Felms: Recover this lost relic from Tureynulal.
- Crosier of St. Llothis the Pious: Recover yet another artifact in the crater of Red Mountain.
- A Cure for Vampirism: Find the elusive cure to the dreaded disease.