|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Edwinna at the Guild of Mages in Ald'ruhn for duties.
- Travel to Gnisis to examine the recently discovered Dwemer ruin.
- Go to the eggmine at the top of the hill on the northeast side of the village.
- Get the key to the eggmine from the guard, Vatollia Apo.
- Make your way to the bottom of the mine, and find the doorway to the ruin Bethamez.
- Retrieve the Dwemer Airship Plans, and return to Edwinna Elbert.
Edwinna at the Guild of Mages in Ald'ruhn finds out that miners have discovered a Dwemer ruin at the bottom of the Gnisis Eggmine. She instructs you to go there and see what they've found, as she believes that there may be plans similar to the ones you just brought her.
Retrieve the Plans for Edwinna
Head for the mine on the east side of town on the hill and speak to the guard, Vatollia Apo, to get a key. If you're part of the Imperial Legion or in possession of a miner's pick he will let you in; otherwise persuade him, bribe him or sneak up to the door and pick the lock. Once you are in, the entrance to Bethamez can be found on the lower level. After defeating Lugrub gro-Ogdum, the Orc that guards the entry to the lower level, make your way past the Kwama Warriors taking the left path. The first door on your right is the door to Bethamez. Inside Bethamez, you may find the Dwemer Airship Plans on a table to the left of the entrance. Except the book Divine Metaphysics..., which is beneath the same table, there is nothing else of value in this ruin.
Deliver the Plans to Edwinna
After getting the plans, make your way back to Edwinna and return the blueprints to her. You will be rewarded with an increase in Disposition, Faction Reputation, and a Reputation point.
- You can buy an eggmine pass from Hetman Abelmawia on the north side of town, but due to a bug in the game, Vatollia won't acknowledge it.
- If you talk to some of the people in Gnisis about little advice, they might mention that there is another entrance to the mine by the river bank east of town. It might be difficult to find since it's underwater. The door isn't locked, but you may need to Levitate to get out of the water. You should be able to avoid Lugrub and the Kwama Warriors by taking this path.
- Killing Lugrub has only a minor effect on the Widow Vabdas' Deed quest for the Imperial Legion.
- The two official expansions make the Dwemer Airship Plans available in other areas in the game. Tribunal places a copy in Bamz-Amschend: Valley of Winds, and Bloodmoon adds another, on the person of Louis Beauchamp in Ald'ruhn.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
||Edwinna heard that miners in the Gnisis Eggmine broke into the unplundered Dwemer ruin of Bethamez. She wants me to go to the lower levels of this eggmine and bring back any plans or blueprints I might find.
||I brought the plans from Bethamez back to Edwinna.