|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Edryno Arethi for business.
- Travel to the Zainab Camp to persuade them to trade solely with House Hlaalu.
- Convince Gulakhan Ashibaal.
- Return to Edryno Arethi.
Edryno Arethi in her house on the Hlaalu Waistworks in Vivec will ask you to persuade the Zainab Camp to trade its ebony solely with House Hlaalu.
The camp is southwest from Tel Vos on the mainland. Once you reach the camp you will be directed by its residents to the yurt of Gulakhan Ashibaal. If you tell him The Zainab are now strong enough to sell ebony, his disposition will increase by 10. If you tell him I want you to sell ebony to House Hlaalu, his disposition will drop by 10. Both choices will give the options to say either If we both sell ebony the price drops or We do not have enough ebony. The first choice will get Ashibaal's agreement. The second choice will make Ashibaal say goodbye.
Return to Vivec
Return to Arethi in Vivec to complete the quest and receive 1000 gold.
- If you kill a member of the Zainab you fail the quest, but there is no penalty for doing so (though you might break the main quest's Zainab Nerevarine section).
- You can repeat the lines The Zainab are now strong enough to sell ebony and We do not have enough ebony to continue to get +10 disposition points with Ashibaal
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Ashlander Ebony (HH_AshlanderEbony)
||Edryno Arethi asked me to go to the Zainab camp and make sure they only sell ebony through House Hlaalu.
||I was told that I should speak with gulakhan Ashibaal.
||Gulakhan Ashibaal agreed to sell ebony only to House Hlaalu.
||Edryno Arethi thanked me for negotiating with the Zainab.
||I told Edryon Arethi that the Zainab would not deal with me since I killed one of them.