Morrowind:A Cure for Vampirism
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- (Optional) Find the book Vampires of Vvardenfell, v II.
- (Optional) Find a rare document, The Private Papers of Galur Rithari, Buoyant Armiger.
- Travel to Bal Ur and speak to the statue of Molag Bal.
- Travel to Dubdilla and slay his daughter, Molag Grunda, and her atronach consort, Nomeg Gwai.
- Return to Molag Bal's statue to receive the cure.
Getting a clue
You can talk with many people across Vvardenfell on the topic of vampirism, and vampirism cure to receive a wide variety of advice. Mages and sorcerers will suggest you read the rare book Vampires of Vvardenfell, v II, which you may have come across in your travels or through a number of quests. This volume has actually been banned by the Tribunal Temple, explaining its rarity.
If you don't have the book, seek out Skink-in-Tree's-Shade in the Mages Guild at the Wolverine Hall or any bookseller to learn more about it and be directed to Jobasha's Rare Books. Retrieving the book is actually a task that Skink will give you as part of the Mages Guild quests. The few copies that do exist can be found at:
- Jobasha's Rare Books, Foreign Quarters Waistworks in Vivec (look for it on the top level, large red book).
- Hall of Justice Secret Library in Vivec.
- Mawia, a wizard's lair southeast of Molag Mar.
- Odirniran, east of Molag Mar.
- Vas, far west of Dagon Fel.
- Tel Vos' Central Tower.
- Galom Daeus, west of Tel Uvirith (in the Observatory-levitation needed).
- Tureynulal, Kagrenac's Library, west of Dagoth Ur.
Even more clues
Even though this book contains some clues as to what to do to cure yourself of vampirism, this quest is not really activated until you also find a much rarer document, The Private Papers of Galur Rithari, Buoyant Armiger, which can only be found in Galom Daeus, Tureynulal, and the Hall of Justice Secret Library (hidden under a book near the Ordinator).
Maybe Molag Bal will help?
Either source should spell out the steps required to be cured of the disease. You must first travel to the Daedric shrine at Bal Ur, north of Suran. Enter the shrine and inside speak with Derar Hlervu who will tell you to speak with the statue.
But first, help a concerned father out
The statue, Molag Bal, will ask you to travel to the cave Dubdilla and kill his daughter, Molag Grunda, and her atronach consort, Nomeg Gwai (levitation is important). Molag Bal is apparently displeased about the company his daughter has been keeping.
A Cure for Vampirism
Return to the shrine once the pair are dead and your Vampirism will be permanently cured. You will lose all the skills and attributes gained when you became a vampire and the amulet you got from your clan will no longer teleport you to your clan's hideout. Your character cannot become a vampire again (you can still contract Porphyric Hemophilia; you just won't turn into a vampire three days later).
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the