- Play Arena. It's the only TES game that has allowed you to travel anywhere in Tamriel, although not with the same detail as more recent TES games. Or add the Borderless Cyrodiil mod for Oblivion. That will let you cross the invisible border at the edge of Cyrodiil... but all you'll find is an empty landscape. You're best off just reading the books, which is where most of the information about Valenwood came from. --NepheleTalk 04:20, 5 August 2007 (EDT)
- you can only get to Vallenwood in arena like the above poster,you can use the console and change the borders from 1 to 0 then explore it but its only randomly genertated forestsLordSil 14:58, 2 May 2008 (EDT)LordSil
Valenwood and Elsweyr
Do Khajiit's and Wood Elf's hate each other sometimes because of The Five Year War? Lord Jeerus 20:33, 7 February 2010 (UTC)Lord Jeerus
- They disliked each other even before the Fear Years War. See Lore:Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi. They even disliked each other in their creation myths. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 13:16, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
Could someone source the statement about Valenwood being conquered by the Altmer after the Oblivion Crisis? Mannius Mello 05:28, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
- Never mind, I'll add that to the page, though.--Arch-Mage MattTalk 23:56, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
Valenwood as a reference?
"Valenwood" could be a reference to the vallenwood trees in the Dragonlance universe. They are found primarily in Solace, and were once part of Qualinesti, an elven realm. Further, the trees are extremely large, and many residents of Solace have their homes among the trees. Finally, one of the primary protagonists populating the Dragonlance universe is Caramon Majere, whose name is referenced by the Camoran Dynasty.here
Bosmer and Animals
"Like all Elves, the Aldmer had to adapt to their environment, and they became the present day Bosmer. For the support of Y'ffre, in helping them adapt, the Bosmer promised not to harm the forest, or any of its creatures."
This seems to clash with lore about the Green Pact and even on the Bosmer page, could this be made clearer to avoid confusion, or is the confusion solely mine? The Bosmer don't harm trees and it is stated on the Green Pact page that they use animal products widely. So that would make the above statement untrue wouldn't it? OblivionDuruza 00:31, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
- You're right. I've removed the part about the creatures. --Legoless 00:32, 17 July 2011 (UTC)