—Knave of Rooks
Crow Daedra are one of many Daedric species that mimic those found on Nirn. They are associated with the Daedric Prince Nocturnal. They differ from real crows in that they can talk and they have unnatural glowing purple eyes. They have their own feudal courts, the most notable of which are the Blackfeather Court and their rivals, the Exarchs of Dross. They do not consider themselves Daedra and instead think themselves to be real crows. They enjoy eating fleshy bits of mortal bodies, such as eyes. They also have a tendency to collect shiny objects. Crow Daedra procreate and lay eggs in order to hatch more of their kind.
They answer to Nocturnal and obey her when she calls, but their base desire for shiny objects can override their duty to the Daedric Prince. This happened with the Blackfeather Court during Nocturnal's invasion of the Clockwork City during the Interregnum. Though they possess intelligence, crow Daedra still have the mannerisms and some instincts of lesser birds. They can be scared off simply by jumping around, running towards them, or flailing about like a child scaring off a group of pigeons.
Crow Daedra can combine and create the otherworldly creatures known as Wraith-of-Crows (also known as Wraith-Scythes), which are crow-like, semi-humanoid skeletal figures that usually possess a pair of large black wings. They fight using magical attacks and abilities involving their scythes and wings, and are shown to have the capability to speak. One of such beings, Crowborne Horror planned to attack Nirn. Witchmother Taerma scryed the approach of the danger and sought help of the adventurer to stop the monster. With the help of the Vestige, Taerma repeatedly lured the Horror to a pocket realm deep in the Evergloam known as the Garden of Shadows, drawing it further away from Nirn and draining some of its power for the coven's own purposes.
- For game-specific information, see the ESO article.
- The Knave of Rooks' dialogue in ESO
- The Bursar of Tributes' dialogue in ESO
- Allereth's dialogue in ESO
- Rugrol's dialogue in ESO
- The Duke of Crows' dialogue during Lost in the Gloam in ESO
- Events of Lost in the Gloam in ESO, where the Vestige scares off the Exarchs of Dross by yelling and jumping around while waving their arms
- Furnishing Pack: Sinister Hollowjack Items description in ESO
- Dialogue with Clockwork Facilitator
- Wraith-of-Crows in ESO
- Plucking the Crow quest in ESO