Winged Twilights are a type of semi-intelligent winged Daedra with claw-like limbs, black horns, bluish-purple skin, glowing blue eyes, and spiked tails. They are known to operate as messengers of Azura. In appearance they have a beautiful feminine form similar to that of Harpies with bat-like wings, though the feminine aspects of the winged twilights are more "ravishing", and their long, sharp, hooked tails are immeasurably more deadly. When working together, they follow a matriarch.
Winged twilights are resistant to fire, frost, poison, and shock and can reflect spells. In combat they fight using their wings, tails, and a scream ability that hinders those who hear it. Some twilights become infatuated with mortal men and abduct them, keeping them hostage until they return their affections. Their personalities have been viewed as lascivious, insistent, sarcastic, rude, and unruly. Void Salts, ichor, and membranes are reagents that can be collected from their corporeal remains. Ichor extracted from a winged twilight smells similar to eucalyptus or mint and can be used to brew potions of levitation. Twilights summoned as familiars by mortals can aid them by functioning as healers.
Though typically found in service to Azura, they also appear in the service of other Daedric Princes such as Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal, Nocturnal, and Vaermina. To the misfortune of some mortals they have been known to ensorcell and deceive them, sometimes under the guise of serving a more trustworthy Prince, resulting in their deaths or imprisonment. Molag Grunda is a winged twilight referred to as the daughter of Molag Bal.
- Early concepts for Morrowind suggested that they were initially going to be "Winged Seducers", playing off the winged Daedra Seducers encountered in Daggerfall, but were later altered into a different more bestial type of Daedra and seducers later became equated with the Mazken.
- Grievous Twilight — A corruption of the Winged Twilight
- For game-specific information, see the Morrowind, ESO, and Legends articles.
- Darkest Darkness
- Saving Stibbons quest
- Twilights in ESO
- Item drops/resistances in Morrowind
- If I May Beseech You — Stibbons
- Esutanamus Twilight Matriarch in Rising to Retainer
- A Moment of Your Time? — Stibbons
- Situation Becoming Urgent — Stibbons
- Sir Cadwell's dialogue in ESO
- Irrai in the Eyes of Azura quest
- Hanin's Wake
- The Infernal City — Gregory Keyes p.41, p.220
- Twilights at Ashalmimilkala
- Twilights summoned in The Ebon Sanctum quest
- Zix's dialogue
- Loriasel Tablet Notes
- A Cure for Vampirism quest in Morrowind