Watchers (also called Doom-Truths) are flying tentacled Daedra with a large eye in the center of their body. Watchers are quite nimble, and can shoot beams of energy from their large eye. They are often found in the service of Hermaeus Mora, but they are known to serve other Daedric Princes, such as Molag Bal and Vaermina. Locking eyes with a Watcher is dangerous; a mortal's soul can be eaten away if one stares too long into their large central eye. Some Watchers have a necrotic gaze, causing the skin on a mortal's face to tear away if they stare too long. The term "Pocket Watcher" refers to watchers that are far smaller in size than the average watcher. These are occasionally kept as pets by some warlocks.
Most watchers, particularly those in service to Mora, are green with orange eyes. The watchers that serve Molag Bal are typically grey with blue eyes. Amaranthine Pocket Watchers are vibrantly hued white/purple watchers with purple eyes that once inhabited the ruins of Zaintiraris until an unfortunate explorer set them free. Given their color and origin, Sheogorath is suspected to hold some sway over them. Powerful watchers can also be red with green eyes.
A celestial watcher
- Kyne's Challenge: A Hunter's Companion, Summerset: Watcher
- Appearance in ESO
- Behelir's description of Watchers during Lost in Study
- Watchers' abilities in ESO
- Appearance of Yggmanei and other Watchers serving Molag Bal in ESO
- Appearance of Vaermina's Watcher and other Watchers serving Vaermina in ESO
- Imperial Prison Discipline Records — Warden Arius
- Pocket Watcher pet description in ESO
- Watchers in The Flooded Grove quest
- Appearance of Lord Brol in ESO
- Amaranthine Pocket Watcher pet description in ESO
- Appearance of The Ancient One in ESO