Verkarth (also called Verkarth Hills) is a settlement found in the region of Anequina, within the province of Elsweyr. Verkarth was one of the original sixteen kingdoms of Elsweyr, known for their fierce warriors and soldiers. In that time, those soldiers were known as the Do-radhin.
From the Merethic Era to the late First Era, Verkarth stood as one of the sixteen kingdoms of Elsweyr, known for their skilled and fierce warriors. In the late years of the Merethic Era, the feudal hunt-lords of Helkarn and Meirvale were in constant conflict against each other, to the point where both drafted their peasants. Three years later, these peasant armies rebelled against their rulers, and inspired various others to rebel, causing commotion in other kingdoms, including Verkarth. The regal caste system across Elsweyr had been abolished. But like many other kingdoms, Verkarth fell into disrepair, following the Thrassian Plague in 1E 2260. Verkarth was subsequently absorbed into the Kingdom of Anequina.
During the Imperial Simulacrum in the late Third Era, the village of Verkarth Hills was an active settlement. It was ruled by Lord Ab'bil and it had a rivalry with Cori Darglade. Verkarth Hills was neighbored by several settlements, one of them being Dune to the north.
- Verkarth Hills location and rumors in Arena
- The Sixteen Kingdoms
- Rajhin's Shadow's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Origins of the Khajiiti Martial Tradition — Tendwuayne, Sapiarch of Foreign Customs
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: Sugar and Blood: the Cats of the South — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- Map of Elsweyr — The Elder Scrolls: Arena