Lore:Totem of Tiber Septim
The Totem of Tiber Septim is an artifact that allows its bearer to control Numidium, the ancient Dwemer construct. It was created at the end of the Second Era by Imperial Battlemage Zurin Arctus, to allow Emperor Tiber Septim to use the golem in his conquest of Tamriel. Only an individual of Septim lineage or special supernatural affinity can safely wield the Totem; it will reject an unworthy owner, and has been known to telepathically do so to such individuals.
The Totem was lost along with Numidium shortly after the conquest of Tamriel, when the automaton was destroyed by the Underking. It was known to have resurfaced in the Iliac Bay region some time around 3E 401. After changing hands several times over the next few years, it was recovered by a mysterious adventurer sent by Emperor Uriel Septim VII.
In 3E 417, the Totem was simultaneously given to (and used by) seven factions around the Iliac Bay. This caused the phenomenon now known as the Warp in the West, during the events of which the Totem was apparently lost again.
- For game-specific information, see the Daggerfall article.
- Letters from a Friend during The Mantella Revealed in Daggerfall
- The Totem of Tiber Septim's dialogue during the Totem, Totem, Who Gets the Totem? quest in Daggerfall
- The Daggerfall Chronicles — Ronald Wartow
- Totem, Totem, Who Gets the Totem? quest in Daggerfall
- Journey to Aetherius quest in Daggerfall
- The Warp in the West — Ulvius Tero