The Name Khajiit
The word "khajiit" is derived from the Ta'agra words "khaj" and "-iit", khaj meaning "sand" or "desert" and the suffix -iit indicates an occupation or place of residence. As such khajiit might be translated as "desert-dweller" or "one who works in a desert"; but as what one commonly does in a desert is to walk, khajiit is normally translated as "desert-walker", and thus are many Khajiit known.
Known translated words from Ta'agra:
- Ahn 
- Ta'agra name for Anu
- Ahzirr 
- Ahzirr Durrarriss
- "We Give Freely To The People"
- Ahzirr Traajijazeri
- "We Justly Take By Force"
- Ta'agra name for Alabaster
- The Same
- Athra 
- Dad'na 
- Durrarriss 
- "Strong-Warrior," name for warriors from Verkarth
- Dark Spirits [of Elsweyr]
- Dro-sha zargo
- Ta'agra name for Dune
- Ta'agra name for Padomay
- Fifeh'rai 
- Frisiin 
- Just Kidding, enjoy or without qualm
- Fusozay Var Dar
- "Kill Without Qualm"
- Fusozay Var Var
- "Enjoy Life"
- The Lunar Lattice, occasionally translated as "the Moonstrings" by foreigners
- Kitten (also used to refer to Mehrunes Dagon)
- Ja'zennji Siir
- Ta'agra name for "Jode's Light"
- Coin or Retainer
- Jashiin 
- Moon Sugar, "to offer Je'm'ath" could refer to striking a deal
- Unknown; usage suggests some form of an insult
- Warrior for Hire, Mercenary (may have negative connotation)
- Jomba 
- "King" or "Chief"
- K'har Zhab
- "The hall where the chiefs play games" 
- Khaj Rawlith
- "Sand of Rain"
- Ta'agra name for Terror Birds
- Company of Heroes
- Grin, laugh, or smile
- Ne 
- Ne Quin-al
- Ta'agra name for Anequina
- Ta'agra name for Nirn
- No 
- Don't worry
- Nool—golaraj ra'ham
- Q'zi 
- Q'zi no vano thzina ualizz
- "When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
- Q'ri 
- Quin 
- Rass Le
- Likely means "Water," based on the following terms
- "River-Land" Ta'agra name for Riverhold
- Rawlith Khaj
- "Desert Rain"  (lit. translation: "Rain of Sand")
- To define ownership
- Varying to scum, mercenary or landless
- Friend 
- Martyrs; is used only in the case of those martyrs deserving special honor
- Ta'agra name for Rimmen
- "Song of Kingdoms"
- Blood, also the name of the Khajiit god (The Blood-Cat) which is comparable to Sanguine
- An act of selflessness
- Shalaraj—feer jassa
- Words of the People
- Tashiin 
- Tenarr Zalviit
- "Night Stalkers" (name of a vampire clan).
- Charcoal Warriors
- Foolish concepts, supposedly the closest translation of "rules" possible in Ta'agra
- Thzani 
- Traajijazeri 
- Ualizz 
- To be
- It is
- Vaba Do'Shurh'do
- "It Is Good To Be Brave"
- Vaba Maaszi Lhajiito
- "It Is Necessary To Run Away"
- Has become
- Vano 
- Life, to live
- Zha'javan Ka'achin
- "The Dance of Dual Lands"
- "Game" 
- Zha'ja Lorkhaj 
- The Bent Dance
- Zhan Khaj
- Ta'agra name for the Order of the Desert Wind.
- Zhan Zhab
- "Wind Game" (A Poem)
- "The Crazy General"
- Ziss ra'ham
- Ziss'vo 
- Ziz Kurah
- "Whispering Claw"
- Zubhai'jay 
- A slang term for copulation
- A yellow quill, directly translates to yellow writing stick
- Thief (Masculine) This appellation is not meant to imply a criminal, but rather, one who is clever, or else, particularly gifted with their hands.
- Thief (Feminine) Someone who can nimbly acquire loose items, like coins. They are known for their expertise in speech.
- Warrior. (Masculine/Feminine) This title is rarely used by modern Khajiit, for warriors, save it be for the Mane's personal guards, and masters of Goutfang, Whispering Claw, and Rawlith Khaj.
- Grandfather, Wise Elders, Patriarch. (Masculine) It is meant as a sign of respect.
- Grandmother. (Feminine) Someone known for their wisdom and wit, or someone of a respectable old age.
- Gi- 
- Is used to state where one lives, and is also used to define one's job. For example, budiit (budi + -iit) means tailor.
- J-, Ji-, or Ja-
- A bachelor or young adult. In the common vernacular, it means one who is young and lacks experience.
- Wizard, Scholars, and Physicians. (Masculine)
- Unmarried Maiden, or those that behave so. (Feminine)
- -M or -Ma
- Child or apprentice. (Feminine) Normally endearing, unless it is used in contempt.
- Pa- 
- Qa- 
- Used to imply great status, used for leaders of soldiers, trade, and governance. (Masculine)
- -Raht 
- Used to imply great status, it is rarely awarded, reserved for leaders like the Speaker, the Mane, or Kings. (Masculine)
- Adult or an adult.
- Ya- 
- Interview With Douglas Goodall — The Imperial Library
- Thannar the Graveprowler's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi — Clan Mother Ahnissi
- Ahzirr Traajijazeri — Anonymous
- Rajhin's Shadow's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- S'rathra's dialogue in Redguard
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: The Elsweyr Confederacy — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- Adara'hai's dialogue in ESO
- Rithana-di-Renada translation provided by ZOS Soundmaster
- Dro-m'Athra ambient dialogue in ESO
- Zamarak's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Anequina and Pellitine: An Introduction — Sulema, Initiate Scholar of the Pa'alatiin
- Call to the Faithful
- Nabina-ko's dialogue in ESO
- The Infernal City — Gregory Keyes
- Fezez the Merchant's dialogue in ESO
- Tips for a Khajiit in Summerset V. 1 — Bezumi, Khajiiti Ambassador to Summerset
- Narazda's dialogue in ESO: Wolfhunter
- Ri'Zakar's dialogue in Oblivion
- Jora-ri's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Lyrrsazhi's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Shasuna-ja's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Khaj Rawlith sub-location in Online
- Terror-Birds: Up Close and Personal — Dardarfin
- Azargo Long-Tale's dialogue in Online
- Khunzar-ri and the Demons
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: Sugar and Blood: the Cats of the South — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- Khunzar-ri: Tales, Two — Aneshi, Keeper of Legends for the 16 Kingdoms
- Rawl'kha location in ESO
- Interview With Three Booksellers – The Imperial Library
- Desert Rain Kata Emotes description in ESO
- Zadazi's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Iraya's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Events of ESO: Scalebreaker
- Tenarr Zalviit Pauldrons item description in ESO:Elsweyr
- Ja'Fazir's dialogue in Oblivion
- Goutfang Kata Emote description in ESO
- Abnur Tharn's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Meet the Character - Captain Caudex — Lieutenant Gavo Haderus
- Mazil-jo and other's dialogue in ESO
- Saviwa's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Whispering Claw Kata Emote description in ESO
- Marakar's Dialogue in ESO
- Ab'jhad NPC in ESO: Dark Brotherhood
- Randomly Generated Names from Arena and Daggerfall
- Khajiiti Honorifics — Lady Radurra-dra of Torval
- Fa'ren-dar NPC in ESO: Thieves Guild
- Master Zoaraym's Tale — Gi'Nanth
- Qa'Dar NPC in Morrowind
- Zhaj'hassa the Forgotten NPC in ESO: Thieves Guild