Lore:Meet the Character - Hanu
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Meet the Character - Hanu
A Telvanni Magister's meeting with an Ashlander
- I do not often host Ashlanders, but that is just the task I found myself doing today. A young woman by the name of Hanu arrived in Tel Mora, demanding to speak to me. Out of mere curiosity, I allowed her request.
- I, of course, first suggested a life of hearty worship of the Daedric Prince, followed by a heroic death. She shook her head, obviously frustrated. Her wish was to enter the Daedric realm alive, and leave in just the same fashion. An intriguing request, but one I had difficulty understanding. Of all the realms in Oblivion, what did the Hunting Grounds have to offer an Aslander who did not devote themselves to Hircine?
- Finally, Hanu began to wax sentimental. Her cool façade crumbled as she spoke upon the matter of saving her father's spirit. A shame. She seemed like such a levelheaded young woman. Still, her vast knowledge of Daedrology intrigued me all the same.
- I agreed to help, on the basis that Hanu would share her knowledge once she had returned. The firsthand observation of a Daedric realm is something I could not possibly pass up. And to that end, how lucky was it that I should have just reviewed Pelagius Habor's dissertation on the Great Hunt?
- All I needed was a fresh wolf corpse. Dissecting its stomach allowed me to read its innards, revealing the location of the next Great Hunt. And, once again, how fortunate for Hanu that such a hunt was to occur in only a few weeks' time. It almost seemed as if some divine presence was easing her path.
- Still, I'll not hold my breath; very few return from Hircine's March of Sacrifices.