These pages offer an overview of Tamriel's history, along with more detailed articles on subjects of note.
History is typically divided into six eras: Dawn, Merethic, First, Second, Third, and Fourth. The Dawn Era lacks any sense of time at all and the Merethic Era has few specific dates. The numbered eras follow a clearer structure, with the First Era ending in 1E 2920, the Second Era in 2E 896, the Third in 3E 433, and the Fourth continuing at least until 4E 201. Understand, however, that numerous details about events in Tamriel's history are debated by scholars, whose opinions are influenced by numerous biases (desire for recognition, loyalty to realm, racial and cultural conflict, etc.) and a general lack of scientific technique. The dates and times listed here are generally accepted, but little of Tamriel's history is completely certain.
|First Era||Second Era||Third Era||Fourth Era|
The main games in the Elder Scolls series are set in the following years, arranged chronologically:
- 2E 582: The Elder Scrolls Online (2014–present) – during the Three Banners War and the Planemeld
- 3E 389–399: The Elder Scrolls: Arena (1994) – during the Imperial Simulacrum
- 3E 405: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (1996) – during the Septim Dynasty
- 3E 427: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (2002) – during the height of The Blight
- 3E 433: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006) – during the Oblivion Crisis
- 4E 201: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011) – during the Stormcloak Rebellion