Lore:Fortunata ap Dugal
|Provincial Governor Fortunata ap Dugal|
Provincial Governor Fortunata ap Dugal
|Race and Gender||Imperial Female|
|Previous Ruler||Ephrem Benirus|
Fortunata ap Dugal, also known as the Pirate Queen, was an Imperial pirate captain and leader of the Red Sails. Believed to have been born around the year 2E 542,[UOL 1] Fortunata rose to become a powerful shipping magnate in the Gold Coast Trading Company during the Interregnum. She seized control of Anvil in 2E 577 and declared herself its Provincial Governor. She plotted to conquer the entire Gold Coast, but was assassinated by the Dark Brotherhood in 2E 583 at the behest of Count Carolus Aquilarios of Kvatch.
- Fortunata shares a last name with Torradan ap Dugal, a famous pirate lord from Skyrim who terrorised the Gold Coast during the Third Era. However, there is no evidence of any direct familial connection.
- For game-specific information, see the ESO article.
- Pirate Queen of the Gold Coast by Midara Salviticus, Historian, University of Gwylim — A treatise on Governor Fortunata ap Dugal
- The Wolf and the Pirate Queen by Midara Salviticus, Historian, University of Gwylim — A history of Kvatch's conflict with the Anvil during the Interregnum
- Gold Coast Notables by Mirabelle Motierre — A Dark Brotherhood spy's report on the notable persons of the Gold Coast
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.